Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDHammond1

Datapanel 85 Issue

9 posts in this topic

I have a Datapanel 85 connected to a Versamax Micro PLC. I need to change the program but I have no comments so I need to get the program off of the datapanel so I can create comments in the PLC. I uploaded from the datapanel to the PC and saved it, but when I open a project or the DTB file I get nothing under the project. Its like is opening a new project. When I open the DTB file it says unable to import file, Source database too old. I am new to the datapanel so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

See if this helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_8AqrWVpE

I see a box you posted but I click it and nothing comes up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=08_8AqrWVpE

Is that the GE videos on youtube? I watched them and im doing the same thing. When I go to open .dtb file I'm getting a source database version too old message. I can't get any tag names, or anything thing on Datadesigner to see the program? Edited by JDHammond1
1 person likes this

What version of DataDesigner are you using and what version was the DP85 programmed with? Could this be different, can this be the reason?

5.2 Im guessing thats what it was programmed with. I did the transfer and it completed. When I open the project its like a new project. Am I missing a step?

I spoke with GE and they even think its too old. I might have to go with a diffrent PLC and HMI. Thanks for your help.

How did you fix this problem?

It was because the panel was to old for the software?

Best Regards.