Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkcomputers

Ethernet & RSLinks

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. Been working with Control logix processor. My problem is browsing though the back plane of a control logix processor. We have 2 x 1756-ENBT in the rack. AB told me that I could connect in one Ethernet card and browse through the back plane into the 2nd network. We need to do this a the one network card is for the local machine (HMIs, IO etc) where the 2nd Ethernet card is for the factory and programing. They have one desktop computer hooked up to 5 or so machines... The problem is we cannot browse though the back plane to get to the HMIs to download updates etc. I have attached a screen shot of what I see when I am connected to the network: As you can see... we cannot browse though the back plane. I am plugged into slot 3, and cannot access any of the devices in slot 2 or 4. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

The IP Addresses of the devices located on different subnets will have to be entered within the RSLinx Ethernet/IP driver configuration window. Right click the Ethernet network under the bridge in Slot2, choose Properties and then add the addresses of the devices residing on the respective subnet. After entering the information, "Minimize" the network (Click the - ) and then "Expand" it (Click the +). You should be able to "see" the entire configuration of the subnet as configured within the RSLinx EtherNet/IP driver.
1 person likes this

And one other caveat the RSLinx BAckup Restore Tool does not remember these entries only the top level. Real bummer when you get on a new laptop and have tor eenter the second, third and fourth card ip addresses. In our case Enet1= Programming,HMI ; Enet2=Safety I/O ; ENET3 = Drives Ethernet IO ; ENET4 = TCPIP IO each with their own stratix switches and isolated wires.
1 person likes this

RSLinx Classic Lite don't have pass through feature. Please use RSLinx Classic OEM or RSLinx Classic Gateway or RSLinx Professional if you bought the RSLogix5000 Professional Edition to achieve this.

Welcome to the Forum, Aniki Tan. This thread is almost a year old and has a correct solution posted. If you have a new question, it is best to open a new thread. Comments or corrections to old threads are appreciated, especially when there is no resolution. You may have misunderstood the issue in this thread. The ability to browse through a ControlLogix backplane is not related to the RSLinx license; it is a feature of everything from Lite to Gateway. RSLinx Classic Gateway provides a similar function for RSLinx drivers, (Professional and OEM and Lite do not) but that was not the topic of this thread.
1 person likes this