Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KenE

GOT1030 to FX3G & Programming

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I've been evaluating some simple and small HMIs for communicating to the FX3G PLC. It looks like the GOT1030 is a good fit for the applications of our small/simple machines. I've been digging in the manuals and talking to our distributor about our best options but it has been confusing. I'd like to go all USB programming but the 1030 doesn't have a USB port, so the only option would be if the FX3G had some kind pass through operation to program the HMI through the USB to the RS422 port on the CPU. Alternatively could we plug into the RS232 mini DIN on the GOT and pass through the RS422 port to program the FX3G using serial (At least this way we only need one cable to the machine)? Anyone know if either option is possible, or is there a better way? I'm sort of baffled because all of their newer equipment has had USB ports. We are thinking of upgrading to the 1040GOT, but it is much more screen than we need for our applications and the form factor is tougher to package into the enclosures of our tiny machines. Thanks, KenE

It is possible to program the PLC through the GOT. The GOT can work in transparent mode so using the same RS232 port you could program de HMI and the PLC. The cable part name is SC-Q (RS232 mother - mini DIN). I don't think that the other way around is possible (programming the GOT using the PLC as transparent) to implement.

Thanks WKla, I'll have to carry around the USB-serial cable but this sounds like a good solution. For some reason I like the small rectangular displays for these small machines. Doing the pass through seems easier than routing out two USB cables or something like that. I'll touch base with our Mitsubishi distributor to double check before we buy, but this makes sense. Thanks again, KenE

There are no cases where you can program the HMI through the PLC connection. But the PLC can be programmed through the HMI.