Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
browndog

PanelView plus 1000

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am relatively new to Panel View plus 1000 programming. I would like to set limits for a numeric entry based on a condition. Here is what I have best as I can explain it, I would like to set limits on one numeric value based on the value of another numeric value. Let me say it like this, I have a move delay for my carriage and I have # of rev's for my turntable, I would like this scenario: If the move delay is 0 then the limits on the number of rev's would be 1-1.25. If the move delay is greater than 0 then the limits on the # of rev's would be 1- 9.2. Is there a way to do this? I was trying to use the expressions but was unsure of how to format it correctly. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance Rick

Sounds like something you could write a macro for, or do in the processor. You can use compare statements to enable limits on the secondary numeric input. If input X=A then move Y to Max Limit and move Z to Min Limit. If the N value input falls within the limits then write it to the used location. Also read the Min Max values to be displayed as your limits. I am unaware of a way that you can use a read value on the screen as a limit on a numeric input, but it may be something you could write code for. Were you trying to use an expression that was along these lines? If user input value <= Max Limit && >= Min Limit then write to N value? Edited by Shiner

In the PV+ you can set tags as the min and max inputs for an input enable. You have to check the box on the Numeric tab of the Input Enable properties, then put your tags in the Min and Max connections. You can either use a Macro to set the tags values, or put the code in the PLC. I would normally use the PLC. You can also put your limitation code completely in the PLC, and you might want to anyway as a double-check, but the nice think about using the PV+ is that then the Min and Max displays on the keypad pop-up so the user knows the limits. By the way, if you are using HMI tags, make sure the limits set in the tag database are set so that they allow the maximum input range that you want to use. The defaults are 0-100. I usually set the tag limits to be full range (-32768 to 32767) and use the limits on the input enable, either static or variable as above.

Thank you for the replies!!! Helps a lot!!!