Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sah676

GX Works 2 Structured Result Rising Pulse

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm making the leap from traditional ladder to using structured ladder with function blocks. I had been using structured project with traditional ladder function blocks (sort of semi-structured) but my current job is on an FX3U, which only allows completely unstructured projects (a big lump of MAIN) or structured project with structured ladder. I've had a battle to find the equivalents of many of the old instructions, but I've got stuck at "Operation Result Rising Pulse" - you know, good old Alt-F5, rising pulse of whole chunk of logic rather than a single bit. (see pic). There is a function block R_TRIG, but I'd really rather not use a big ugly FB and have to declare every instance of it. Anyone know if this instruction is still available?

Not sure if I completely understand you but have you looked ath the PLS_M (rising trigger pulse)?

Quick reply! Thanks, PLS will do the job for me. Can't help thinking it's very ugly though! Welcome to function block diagram I suppose. Not as nice as a tidy little up arrow. Thanks again.

Yes, Structured Ladder is quite different but once you start using it it isn't that bad but I've been using structured ladder for 7 years so I'm not that objective....

For anyone who finds this in the future, MEP is the direct equivalent of the result rising pulse arrow. . Obviously it works identically to PLS but has one less output argument.

You can use the rising edge: I've been using this for a little while. It used to not be in IEC developer. It is more handy than using PLS_M in some cases. I'm using GXWorks2 1.64S ... not sure if this feature just came out or not. KenE

Yeah, rising pulse of a single bit is still in structured ladder. In my case I'm taking the rising pulse of (Trans && NOT TrBusy), with an arbitrary number of operators before the PLS.