Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leonlai

What I need to know to be succeed in this field ? Field Engineer / Control Engineer ?

2 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, I graduated as a ME, some how start my job as a Field Technician where I learned experience about reading electrical schematics and use the volt-meter (basic), PLC programs / RSView /C-more ! That all I learned from the part time job I have. I want to know what should I learn or prepare for myself to get a better job in the field related to PLC !!?? I don't know how to create a pannel, such thing like wire stuff. Again, I graduate as a ME not an EE, everything relate to electrical, I dont know or I know a little bit by experience ! What kind of job I can got with my little experience ???? what should I learn more ?? or just try to get a job where I can learn more about wire stuff (to know how to create a small control panel ????) Thanks

I would recommend you get a job as a technician on the floor assembling OEM machinery. Find a local machine builder in your area, or "OEM". See if you can start in the assembly department and have the guys on the floor mentor you about building panels, wiring, etc. Once you have an understanding of the machines and machine building, then you can become a designer.