Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
igeorge

Upload failed

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I am using cx programer 9, and cp1l with serial port 1 , 9600.8.N.1 My PC has an prolific usb to serial adaptor Port has the same parameters as the PLC I can connect on line, download evreting, upload Symbols and Coments, BUT, when i try to upload the program or setting, i get an error message, Upload Failed. Any sugestion Thank you Ion

The CP1L has a native USB port. Have you tried connecting USB to see if you have the same issue?

I do not have any issue with the USB My problem it is the serial port , and i am curiuous to know why

From past experience, I would guess it is an issue with the USB - serial adapter. Some brands are better than others, but all can experience issues. This does not answer your question, but is most likely what is happening.

try also not deal with individual settings of the serial port. just choose host link or toolbus and its speed. on the pc side set the same protocol and the same speed and all that do from cx-programmer. do not change anything from windows device manager. if you have change something to the serial ports, reset it to default. regards.

It is curious, but i can connect with sysmacway but i cannot connect with tool bus I did like you said, the same speed and protocol on each side The plc is a CPM1-L Any sugestion why ? Thank you

The default setting for the Serial Ports on the CP1L is Host Link (Sysmac Way). You would need to change the port setup under the Settings to modify the protocol type. I think you will also have to change one of the dip switch settings also. You may want to download and review the W461 manual also.

I connected with USB and setup serial 1 as hostlink serial 2 as toolbus On the pc side, i have the same cable usb-serial I just change the protocol , depending in which port i plug Toolbus never get connected Do i have to change any switch setting for toolbus ? Thank you

From W462 manual