Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mendon Systems

Version 9.4 update

8 posts in this topic

The latest release of CX Programmer (version 9.4) seems to have an issue with remembering the toolbar placement. It wants to scatter them in a random fashion at the top of the screen I was able to resolve the problem (for now anyway) by opening an old PLC program then placing the toolbars and saving the program. Even this approach didn't always work, but eventually I got them to stay put!

Hi, Note that the window options for each project are stored in an OPT file next to the CXP file. If you open a program with an associated OPT file it should display as it was last shown. If you delete the OPT file then it should display the windows and toolbars as the app was last closed. Are you sure you're not just opening lots of projects with their OPT files? Regards, BB

Yes, I am well aware of the OPT files. Version 9.4 doesn't seem to properly recognize OPT files that were generated by version 9.3. It also doesn't seem to always recognize the OPT files that were generated by version 9.4. The only part of the file it seems to have trouble with is the toolbar positions. Everything else seems to work OK. edit: Actually ...... after looking at the OPT file contents, that doesn't appear to be where the toolbar positions are maintained. There are entries in there for the window positions (like the watch window) but I didn't find any references to the toolbars. Edited by Mendon Systems

I used to have a copy of a "fresh" registry file from a system where the toolbars were ok and stored it somewhere on my drive to apply whenever I had fights with the toolbars or windows. On a healthy system, have a look with regedit in the CX-Programmer section and copy the toolbar registry files. Just double click the *.reg files to apply them. Not sure from the top of my head anymore how they were called but I remember it was pretty intuitive to find them when I browsed the registry. If you are not comfortable messing with the registry, leave it.

FOUND THEM!!! They are located in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OMRON\CX-Programmer v9.4\Toolbars

I had the same problem again with the CX Programmer 9.5 update. Here's what I had to do to fix it. 1) Export the version 9.4 toolbar settings from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OMRON\CX-Programmer v9.4\Toolbars with REGEDIT to create file CX Programmer.reg 2) Edit the CX Programmer.reg file with notepad 3) Replace all occurrences of 9.4 with 9.5 4) Double click the modified CX Programmer.reg file to install it edit: I had the same problem with both XP and Win7 pcs. The same .reg file can be used for both! Edited by Mendon Systems