Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marjan

Siemens S7-313C and CP340

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I have just recived a CPU S7-313C with DI/DO modules, CP340 communication card and MD720-3 gprs modem. This is a water plant wich I need to put into scada iFix. I have a few experience with simatic plc but not very much with communication protocols with S7. I know this CP340 card does not support modbus protocol (driver). What protocol does this card support so I can linked to iFix scada. Is this SI7 or something else and how do I do it? Best regards

If I was going to connect Ifix to this cpu, I would add a 343 ethernet lean module.

Or, you use S7-300/CP340/MD720 at remote station (Water plant). On Central station (iFix), install Sinaut Micro SC OPC server. Never worked with iFix, but it should exchange data with Sinaut Micro OPC server, like Siemens SCADA software does.

Hi, I am going to use xCP Modbus slave driver for CP340 http://www.runmode.com/xcp_modbus.html. Now I have another problem. How to configure CP340 communication paramateres (baudrate, data bits, parity,..), because in the HW Config, where I can configure CP340 the button Parameters (Properties - CP340 RS232C...) is not enabled. Why is the button disabled? Best regards