Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkotronic

RSview32 Visual basic crashing

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for some advice regarding a RSview32 project which has a visual basic pop up for recipe selection. The history is that the project was running on a PC loaded with Windows NT, this PC died and had to be replaced. So I've installed version 6.4 of RSview (as this is the version that it was running on) on a XP PC. The only change I made was to disable an event that prints off a shift report on a non existent printer, this was causing an annoying popup error window that seemed to multiply rapidly throughout the shift. So far so good, but occasionally the project freezes when the operator is preforming a recipe change via the visual basic popup. I have no experience what so ever of VB, it looks like a foreign language to me, do I need to install anything on the XP machine to help the VB run? I've put the project on another NT machine and it seems very stable. I haven't seen the fault, every time I try it it is fine and it only seems to happen on a nightshift! Any help would be most appreciated Regards, Colin

Perhaps the VB 6 runtime files. Sounds like operator doing something out of sequence so not sure this will help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192461