Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lostcontrol

CP1W-MODTCP61

6 posts in this topic

Hi, We have an application that has a CP1L-M60 with a CP1W-MODTCP61 that needs to read information from a Modbus TCP slave. Does anyone have any samples on doing this, does it uses the same code/FB's as from a CJ, Socket Open, Send Request, Receive, Close Socket etc..? Or can the Easy Modbus Master be used?

Here is a link to Omron France - courtesy of Harry Mulder - Omron Sydney. You will need the FB MTRU-CPU-Master I suspect - Harry tells me the lsave will work with the CP1L so I guess the master will too. I have not tried the FBs yet so good luck. A lot of other FBs there too. Instructions are avaliable in English or French. http://support-omron.fr/Programmes.php#BF

Thanks Bob, Have had a quick peek but looks like it will require more investigation. I'm thinking I'm gonna advise them to go serial, much easier & less bloating on the PLC

Lostcontrol The neat thing about the CP1W-MODTCP61 in a master mode is that it is Easy Modbus on the back end. I specifically designed this module to work as Modbus RTU on the PLC side so that Easy Modbus could be used. You can use the Easy Modbus function, or my Modbus RTU Master code (which is Easy Modbus for CP1L or CP1H) to do what you want to do.

Thanks PMCR, So that means that none of the Socket Open/Send/Receive/Close code is required, just configure the Easy Modbus function of yours to work as per a Serial setup? Can the CP1W-MODTCP61 be installed at the same time as a CP1W-CIF41? At this stage, we have gone to Serial as the end device is easier to use Serial & as 20 values that are required to be read. This would require 10x Easy Modbus reads if I remember correctly..?

LostControl Yes, using a CP1W-MODTCP61 does not require any socket services code, just Easy Modbus. The CP1W-MODTCP61 and CP1W-CIF41 can be installed at the same time. To read 20 values (consecutive registers) would require 20 reads using my Modbus Master code, but a more customer implementation of Easy Modbus could read 20 consecutive registers in 1 command. PMCR