Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevec

Max CF size for CJ1M

7 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, Does anyone know what the size limit is for a CJ1M CF card. I need a client to purchase one so I can email an upgrade for his machine but the smaller capacity ones are not so easy to get these days. I know a 128MB card works, but can you use larger sizes? - I can't find the specs in the manuals.

I have used 2gb. Though I just picked up some 64mb on E-Bay.
1 person likes this

Thanks a lot bluebyu, good to know :) As ever, this is something that has to be done 'yesterday'... I've found some 128MB's on ebay that should do the job but I'm still curious to know what the actual limitations are.

2gb And do not use windows to format them. It uses the wrong format. I belive it is to with fat32 being used and the plc only supports old FAT16.

A good tip from forum member pro17 to overcome the difficulty and cost of tyring to obtain small memory size CF cards: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=22077&pid=106959&st=0entry106959

Just for fun. I put a 4GB card in my CJ2 and formatted it with CX-Programmer. Most of the space of the card is wasted, but I got approx 80 MB capacity. I have not done any extensive testing, except from transferring some files using CX. When I moved the card to the PC-card reader, Windows reported FAT and the new capacity, but could not see the files :(

Thanks, good point about FAT16, just checked the few I have left in my stash in they are all in that format. You can choose to format FAT16 if you are using XP btw.