Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waynes

FX3U, FX3U-ENET-L and FX3U-ENET

28 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a FX3U PLC with a FX3U-ENET-L card connected to it. The system runs ok and does what it needs to. I am attempting to add another FX3U-ENET card to the right of the PLC. For some reason, as soon as I install and plug in the FX3U-ENET card, and then power up the PLC, it goes into fault/ error. Checking on PLC Diagnostics, the error code is 6107 PLC H/W ERROR. Has anyone ever experienced this? I want to make sure its not a software/ setup issue.

blocks have different configurators Edited by KAZAH

Apart from the blocks having different configurators, of which I have both, what else would cause this?

firmware version PLC

NO. You cannot add more than 1 FX3U-ENET(L) to a FX3U. There's a built-in limitation of 1 card.

Thank you kaare_t! I wonder how long it will take Mits support here to figure this one out. I will consult the manuals right away to confirm this limitation.

give a link to the manual in which it is written

See picture from manual "User's manual FX3U-ENET".

the information is very old. the current version of the firmware 3.10 .

And by the way: I've also tested this myself to see if it was possible, with the same results as the topic starter

Thank you kaare_t! Appreciate the input. I guess my only other way to get data from this machine is to install a CC-link slave card into it and get the data through to the plant wide CC-link system. Thanks for your input.

Well, if you're so sure it works, why don't you prove with a reference to a manual that states your comments, or test it yourself and report back to us.

I think what I will do is to replace the FX3U-ENET card with a new one to eliminate a possibly faulty card.

I also use the Selection Tool when making a configuration: http://tools.mitsubishi-automation.com/fselection/

Even with the latest firmware, the limit is still ONE ETHERNET MODULE. Confirmed with Mitsubishi manual and module selection tool software.

There is a new FX3U-ENET-ADP module for the F3U/FX3G. According to the info I got you can only place one per system but maybe a combination is possible? In the parameters you can select two channels though. You'll need GX Works 2 to program the adp module. They don't support Fixed buffer communication though!!!! Edited by Gambit

this I mean. they did not know.

The FX3U-ENET-ADP shows 2 channels because you can add 2 serial options onto the left side of CPU, and this counts as one. It's just asking which one it is, not allowing 2 channels to be installed.

Crossbow Do you have a manual for this module yet? I'm looking for the CPU version numbers which can use this module?

Nope, I was told its not available in English yet.

Today I asked to italian service the same question, because i need to add more channel at an FX3U. I'm at 7th channel busy and with one more, the cpu goes to fault mode when try to connect in remote. But which is the better mode to exchange data between two plc FX3U with ENET, but different from 4 channel used in pairing open, like example Mitsubishi. There isn't other system ? With two channel there is many errors in the communication. An easy Modbus TCP it's not possible ? Bye,Ennio

I've tryed to use this but : FX3U + ENET + DP Master + "ASI Master" + 8 EX In this configuration, over 7 channel the ENET module goes in fault mode and only with the programming cable on the cpu it's possibile to reset the fault.

You guys should really take a look at the QnU(e)-systems. FX-systems are not very good for heavy communication in my opinion, you'll have to pay a higher price for the hardware but in the end the price isn't too bad with the QnU(e) since you'll save a lot of headache and frustration trying to get the FX tweeked.... FX is good for smaller jobs, but what you're talking about is more heavy and justifies for a QnU(e), or maybe the new L-series if it has the desired expansion cards you require...

JY997D45801-A Edited by KAZAH

Hi Gents, I've now got an issue where we replaced all the FX2N PLC's with their new FX3U counterparts. All the logic seems fine now, but we've added the FX3U-ENET-ADP modules. The problem is, I cannot set the parameters in GX Works2. I've got the ENET configurator software installed, selected the correct channel, but it doesn't even see the firmware version in the special registers (D8101, D8001 - if I recall correctly). According to the manual, JY997D45801-B, the CPU version needs to be 3.10. I have 3.01. 1) Is this information factually correct? 2) Is there a way to upgrade the CPU firmware?