Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linhvct

[Help] Connect PC to PLC via ethernet port on Ethernet Module QJ71E71

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I want to connect PC to Mitsu's PLC QCPU via the ethernet port on Ethernet Module QJ71E17 using Standard Cable 10BaseT. In fact I want to go-online to the PLC via ethernet port by MELSOFT GX-Deverloper. I successfuly did it when used a computer with XP OS but it's not when used a computer with Window7 OS. Even thought I did the same things to 2 computers but the results were different. I don't know why? I set PLC ethernet port's IP to 192.168.10.2. On XP OS computer, by enter "internet protocol (TCP/IP)", the IP was set to 192.168.10.1. On Window7 PC, by enter "internet potocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4), the IP was set to 192.168.10.1 (the same as XP Computer). When plugged-in the cable: - The conection icon on the bottom right was normal - There's a warning symbol (yellow tri-angle with exclamation mark on central) appreared on the connection icon I've tried hard but it didn't work out, please help me Thank you very much!

You've entered everything correctly. THe problem with the yellow triangle is probably that you haven't any DNS connections but this would be normal when you set static IP. You are probably not connected to the internet anyway... Can you ping the PLC?

Thanks kaare I've not pinged it yet, I'll try it. I had changed something in "device manager" before. I changed some parameters in "port setting" of com port 3 of my computer, when it's in use in other app. Does it relate to this?

Settings for the serial ports (e.g. COM3) doesn't have anything with the Ethernet comm so this is not the problem. Try to ping the module first, if you cannot ping the module you have a network problem... Try pinging and then post back...