Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_P

Convert NS8 project to NS5

6 posts in this topic

As the title suggests, I have an NS8 project and would like to convert it for use in an NS5. CX-Designer (V3.3) can convert the project easy enough, but the contents of each screen are still at 640x480, where the NS5 screen size is 320x240. At first glance, it appears that I will have to modify every object on every screen to fit them in. Is there any sort of auto-resize function somewhere I have missed? Really hoping someone can say yes to that question, as there are a lot of screens..... Edited by Andy_P

During the conversion process its done auto i thought. Pop ups are not changed thou.

When resizing the screen down in size there is no option for auto sizing the screens to fit. The easiest way I use is to group all of the objects on the screen then you are able to re-size them as a group. You will still have to adjust the fonts unless you are using the standard fonts and have auto re-size enabled.

Apologies for the late response... I basically did what you suggested Scott, and grouped things together. Worked OK for some things, but not so much for others. Quite a PITA to do all the screens, but got it all done now thank goodness. One thing I did notice with the fonts in particular is that the actual display did not quite match the look of the screen on the designer, so it took a bit of fiddling around to make it look nice. Now it is done though, it is great to have the option of using an NS5 or NS8 without any underlying changes in structure, so very much worth the effort of the conversion.

Yes - I wish Omron would fix this - it is a constant source af annoyance.

Make sure you have the zoom set at 100%. Any other level makes the objects look different. E.g. a label might fit on a button when zoomed at 150%, but when you zoom out to 100% it suddenly overlaps. 100% is how it will appear on the terminal.