Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
don

Prosoft MVI69-MNET

4 posts in this topic

I'm using a L32E CompactLogix along with a Prosoft MVI69-MNET to poll a couple of Fisher ROC flow computers using Modbus TCP/IP. After some difficulty with determining the floating point data format, I got everything working. I noticed that if I disconnect the ROC, the old data from the last good poll remains. I need to determine a way to detect "stale" data and flag it on the HMI. There is a some information in the MNET.STATUS.ClientStatus registers, but the documentation doesn't say much about them. If I were only polling one device, I could look at MNET.STATUS.ClientStatus.CurEr word. But, if one device is answering and the other one isn't, this word constantly changes from 0 to the error code and back. I was thinking about setting a heartbeat bit in the remote devices and checking it with ladder logic. Is there some other way to determine when a device is not answering and which device it is? Thanks.

The great thing about a Prosoft product is it works like a champ once you get it configured. They just really need to have some good technical writers go through their manuals to make them easier to follow. I always struggle to sort through the countless addresses. Seems you need to enable the "Error/Status Pointer" but I don't remember for sure. Look around page 49 of the manual, then page 52 and finally page 92.

That was exactly what I was looking for. A non-zero in the register associated with each command indicates an error. Thanks.

No problem. Glad I could help