Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Problem Opening Designer Project

12 posts in this topic

Hi, Could anybody please help with this problem. My friend sent me a Designer project Programme entitled Waxer but when I open the folder the message says unable to open Designer Project. My friend can open it okay. I have enclosed the file he sent me. The relevant file is Waxer Designer Project. Regards Peter

No attachment.

A stab in the dark, but was his version created in a later version of CX-D than you're using to try and open it? Pp

Another stab in the dark. I am guessing that he only sent you the .ipp file. There is a folder with the same name as the .ipp file that also must be present to open the project. Usually I zip the .ipp file and the folder together into one file. I would bet that this is your issue.

Thanks Gents i am trying to attach the file but its not letting me. My version is 2.1 and the created version is the latest. CONVEYORS.zip

I can open both the Waxer_conveyor and the NewProject file without any problem. I have CX-Designer version 3.4 though. The Waxer_Conveyor program is system version 8.0 (this is the system version in the NS HMI) and you need CX-Designer v3.0 or later for version 8.

Yep, you'll need to upgrade to open that. From memory, v2.1 to the current version (3.4) isn't covered by the autoupdate, and you'll need to buy CX-One V4 Pp

okay Thanks, Is it possible to upgrade Designer i have a registered CX One disk or do I have to purchase a later version. Regards Peter

A valid CX-One package will allow online updates until the next major revision of CX-One. The current version of CX-One is v4. If you do not have the current version of CX-One, then your online updates of minor revisions will no longer work. So, in summary if you have a version of CX-One other than v4, you can purchase an update to CX-One which would bring your CX-Designer version up to date. Edited by Michael Walsh

I dont know for US or Europe, but here in Canada, update to V4 from previous was not very expensive, not more than 500$ from what i recall.

Okay, Once again thanks Gents will probably purchase NS Designer short term and maybe upgrade to V4 later. Regards Peter

It will be a lot cheaper at the end of the day to just upgrade CX-One. Waste of money buying CX-D and later uograding the whole lot. I upgrade every time a new version comes out to be honest. I do not think you can buy anything except the whole box and dice in Ozz.