Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ParaffinPower

NS recipes

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys I'm working on a project at the minute where the customer values a slick recipe system above all else. The NS recipes have alway been lacking IMHO. However, I'd like to use its recipe 'base', ie writing to the CF. I'd really like a tailored recipe entry screen, rather than the datablock table it provides. I want to dynamically show/hide entry fields depending on other entries, eg if temperature loop 1 is not enabled, I don't want to show the setpoint for loop 1. I can pretty much do everything external from the table (with Command buttons)except enter the recipe name. Has anyone rolled their own recipe handling that I could have a look at ? Cheers, Pp

Handle it all in the PLC / HMI. Ie PLC code to control the display of the fields. Save the data to PLC or HMI memory card. The save to a HMI is documented on the forum.

Mainly handled all recipees in the PLC code and stored in data memory ... You can then use index registers to pull out the right data... that is set aside areas.. for example ... up to 10 ingredients.... then have a recipe numer which you use as the index... then the array so to speak would be spaced out by index *10.....+ start address of storage... ie if you had ten recipees with say eight ingredients, then i would allow 10 spaces for ingredients... then if you want recipee 6 so to speak then the first would be stored in 6 (index) x 10 + start address .. if our start address was dm1000 then dm1060 would contain the first component... sorry if sounds a bit archaic, but works for me..

Declaring table arrays. With DIM and using SETR instructions are my prefered away and are handled using the index register.

Thanks, fellas As I'm using CP1H, and I need the recipes on a CF, I'm obliged to use the NS. James - you mentioned saving data to CF (from not within the recipe environment?). Can't find this posted on here anywhere. Don't suppose you have a link? thanks again. Pp

I have posted somewhere on here on how to use macro's to save PLC data on to a NS CF card. Cannot rememeber if i posted the load routine as-well. Just a reversal of a save really. Be aware that screen switching is disabled durring the macro operation. I quite a bit of time understading this to make it work nicely for the operator.