Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbaum

Project Specific Transfer Settings

16 posts in this topic

So I am working on a project right now with 5 NS screens all on ethernet. There needs to be a way to save the Transfer Settings for each project. I routinely have at least two projects open at the same time, and am sick of changing the IP address for each screen every time I want to download to a different HMI. Couldn't the transfer settings be project specific like they are in CX Programmer? Hopefully I am missing something.....

I thought it was - but perhaps not. Will have to check the next time I have a number of screens on Ethernet - old timer's disease is getting worse!

Thanks Omron! I downloaded the updates yesterday and there it is. CX Designer v3.500 has option to save transfer settings to the project or use common settings. Of course I finished the startup on the project with the 5 HMIs last week, but now we're set for next time. Oh and the pallette is cool too. Nice to see some energy being put into this software again.

I recall asking for this in the improvements thread a good while ago... Just checking updates now to see what it gives....

Have not updated yet - I hope there is a compare function added - like in CX-P.

Compare for what Bob, do you mean the version in NS & PC? There is one sort of, you can see what screens are different when connecting. Not sure what other HMI's offer..?

Not much for the most part!! The other HMI's seem to have download and upload functions, but nothing even remotely like the CXP compare function. I mostly use Maple Systems (Weintek) because they are a lot less expensive than the NS and have some additional capabilities, but they do not have any compare function at all. I can't recall any that I have used in the past which had a compare capability. Edited by Mendon Systems

Yes, compare what is on the computer and what is in the NS. Would be most useful.

The closest thing is if you do the PT -> Transfer -> Transfer Program option. When the window opens up, choose Connect. Then Uncheck the select all (if checked) and check the Select Update Screen. It will highlight those screens that are different. It does not tell you what is different on the screen, but at least you can tell which screens are different.

Good tip, Mike! I had forgotten about that...

This is a sort of example of what happens, the Green U means Update, whilst I think the Yellow O means Old. There is also a N, which I assume means New

Yep, a part work around is there but is still not the real thing. I would like the real thing.

Project specific transfer settings is now available in the latest version Go run the update tool everybody

Yes the latest update has a compare function. 1.bmp It looks like it will compare either file to file or file to NS 2.bmp Edited by ScottHeil

Oh you beauty - will have to check it our next time I am connected.

Just checked my install as well, & both those options are there!! As well as the project specific transfer settings! :-2 Well done Omron for making these simple changes to make our jobs easier.