Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StuPID

Just a simple timer using GX Works2

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys A bit of a silly question and no doubt one of you boffs will scratch my itch. The company I currently work for is a UK based machine builder we do most of the common plc’s, robots etc with this I am in my comfort zone. What I need is familiarity with Mitsubishi my question is:- I am using GX Works 2, my program has been started using structured ladder and all I want to do is use a timer to break a retention circuit. I have been in contact with Mitsubishi and have had no joy, surely this can’t be that hard. If I use a system that I know eg Rockwell, Omron, Siemens I can rattle it off in seconds. Best regards

See screenshot. As long as M0 is high the timer will run. When timer is finished M1 will go high. If M0 is still high, M1 will also stay high. Is this what you want?

Kaare_t Thank you this is exacly what I wanted. Have a good day sir and again many thanks

There are several ways to do it, in structured ladder or regular ladder. You can also look at the instructions TON, TOF, TP, which are exactly the same as other vendors who support IEC compliant programming.

Good day Crossbow, I appreciate the IEC thing but I am nearly brand new to Mitsubishi. I was scalded years ago with GX Developer and a little FX brick, I had to write all of the code in one section, for me personally I found it a real pain as the code increased in size. My background is the petro-chem environment until this current employment. I am still just coming to terms with the navigation and lingo Mitsubishi use. For the last 20+ years I have been using mainly DeltaV, Omron, Siemens and Rockwell. I am currently having a hard time; it’s almost like starting from scratch, I usually work at a certain rate of knots but have been completely stopped in my tracks. It’s only because it’s new and the software is pretty new over here in good old blighty. Even our Mitsubishi help desk have had one or two head scratchers or have been unable to help immediately. But funnily enough I haven’t used Rockwell motion until back end of last year where my project was a 9 axis process using Kinetix and that had similar effect but our Rockwell and Omron support is fantastic over here especially Omron! So I appreciate it is not the tools just the tool! I hope and prey your there to hand as I start get out of the blocks with this project Crossbow.

I'm always around. I also know one or two guys at Mitsubishi UK, as well as many in the USA. GX Works2 is far superior to GX Developer, and you will find it not so difficult. There are also some tutorial programs on the Mitsubishi websites.