Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abbasi

omron cx-one

19 posts in this topic

Aslamalikum i have omron plc in industry. cqm1 cpu41 and 2 i/o module. i did not use cx-one before that. plz guide me how i start my work oncx-one programmer. one thing more if i make programe , then how i simulate withought hardware?// Edited by abbasi

When CX-One installs it also installs getting started guides - there should be a folder on your desktop named CX-One Introduction Guide Library. CX-Programmer has a simulator built in and it also works with the simulator built into CX-Designer for the Omron screens.

The simulator does not work with CQM1. If you think it worth it, for simulation, you could convert your project from CQM1 to CP1 or CJ1... Edited by pfort

ok tahanx dear.. one thing more i want to communicate cqm1 with my pc. i made cable according to data sheet but that cable unable to connect with plc. plz guide me 4 this. RS232C cabe thanx Edited by abbasi

You need an interface module - programming through the serial port is not possible. Contact your local Omron office for the correct inerface module for the CQM1.

I believe it should be possible using below cable diagram.. Make sure to turn dipswitch #5 to ON position to force default settings for the RS232C port. Set network type in CX-Programmer to Sysmac Way, port settings 9600, 7,e,2. Attached 2 manuals that can be useful. W226–E1–5 CQM1 Operation manual.pdf W228-E1-08 CQM1 Programming Manual.pdf

Well there you go - Omron told me years ago it was not possible. I have not used a CQM1 for ***** years now either. Forgotten about them.

Getting rusty eh Bob?

i made according to mention figure, but not communicate. u mean that RS232c is not solution. we must use intrerface module???

You are sure dipswitch 5 is ON and you power cycled following before trying to connect? The interface module Bob is referring to is also a method (preferable) to connect. You need a CQM1-CIF02 which is a complete cable or CQM1-CIF01 which is just a converter to RS232 and you will need the cable above. There are also a lot of brand labeled products which work very well and are far less expensive. Check the MrPLC.com store or Google.

Bloody rust set in years ago! Even glucosamine, fish oil and the best lubricant 'red wine' do not work real well these days. I have just forgotten about the CQM1 - is it still made? Ruddy antique - I would replace it straight away and get some horsepower and functionality! By the way, I always used the interface - never a cheap skate at least! Still have it - and 3G2A6LK201-E, 3G2C7LK201-E? (C20), hand help programmers going back to the S7! Even have an old PROM writer and printer interface! Edited by BobB

i connect cqm1 with syswin by set the baud rate 2400 7,E, 1. but i want to connect it with cx-one. how can i set baud rate of 2400 in cx- one?? plz guide me.

I am an 'old guy'. I avoid OPC at all costs. I much prefer to use Omron direct drivers - they sure work better. The worst experiences I have ever had were with bloody BACnet OPC - BMS people go back to Modbus - it works!

I hope someone else will reply as I cannot help you as I refuse to use OPC any more. Had too many problems - guess it will get to a point one day where I will have to use it somewhere - hope it is a long way away.

Done, I've started a new post here... http://forums.mrplc....showtopic=22790 regards, nikos

I sure hope that when you do Bob, you will use a quality OPC server like Kepware. The Omron drivers for Kepware are way, way better than the big player SCADA systems native Omron dirvers (Citect FINS, Cimplicity TCP/IP). The throughput performance doubles at least, the driver documentation is the best and collects all important info on a few pages as opposed to Omrons own bibles, the driver even tells you when you have forgot to set your routing tables where native Omron drivers let you look for days. The support for new memory types like DM bits (CJ2) Work area etc are released months before any other driver even earlier than Omrons own software CX-Designer etc. I can imagine your experience with BACnet OPC was a horror story but don't treat all OPC servers alike...

I sure hope that when you do Bob, you will use a quality OPC server like Kepware. The Omron drivers for Kepware are way, way better than the big player SCADA systems native Omron drivers (Citect FINS, Cimplicity TCP/IP). The throughput performance doubles at least, the driver documentation is the best and collects all important info on a few pages as opposed to Omrons own bibles, the driver even tells you when you have forgot to set your routing tables where native Omron drivers let you look for days. The support for new memory types like DM bits (CJ2) Work area etc are released months before any other driver even earlier than Omrons own software CX-Designer etc. I can imagine your experience with BACnet OPC was a horror story but don't treat all OPC servers alike...

Pim, I still prefer the 'old' Controller Link - works at a million miles an hour with no crashes (token ring).