Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pcanis

Interchange Data s7-300 to Compactlogix

3 posts in this topic

I have two PLC I need interchange data between S7-300 to CompactLogix, S7-300 is Profibus Dp network, the Compactlogix is Ethernet network, is possible to interchange data by software PC?. What software I need?. The Kepware is possible interchange data PLC to PLC?. Thanks

If you connect your Siemens on ethernet network this post may help you: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=22205&st=0&p=106922&fromsearch=1entry106922 At post number 4 I left a link to Siemens web site who give you a application example.

If you want to have a data gateway, a PC running Kepware OPC Server and Linkmaster does work nicely. I completed a project recently transferring data from a S7-300 to multiple SLC500, PLC5 and Logix processors with the Kepware SW running on an embedded Industrial PC box. The PC will require an physical interface that is available on the S7-300 PLC (Ethernet, Profibus, MPI). However if it is just a single connection between 2 PLCs that you mentioned, it might be a more cost effective solution to put a 3rd party card in the CompactLogix and then communicate directly to the S7-300. For example Profibus-DP scanner and then a DP/DP coupler. OR Generic UDP Card then send/receive data to S7-300 with CP343-1