Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MereNonsense

How to upload from TSX 2720

22 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone! I've got FTX 507 8B portable terminal with OS/2 and X-TEL 6.1 onboard. Interface cable included. I need to make an upload from PLC Telemecanique TSX 2720. Maybe someone have got X-Tel manual or would write here a brief instructions? The problem is also that OS/2 and X-Tel are in German language and I should not change this.. Any help, please.

How can I know that cable is working? How to test the connection with TSX? What do I need to know about that TSX 2720? Used driver, hardware configuration.. Is it possible, to make an upload into blank project or should I configure a new project first? Could FTX have some driver problems? What driver should I choose in X-tel? FTX shows me a message on startup, smth like this: "UNTLW01 driver error, listening timeout" Could I use TSXPC01 driver?

I guess my problem is solved :( Is it true that we can upload the code only from TSX 2720 v5.0 and higher? My TSX is v3.3, menu option Transfer is inactive. If I put TSX 2720 v5 to configuration, option Transfer becomes active. Edited by MereNonsense

Hi, Normally you can upload a program from any serie 7 plcs, that means TSX17, 27, 47, 67, 87 or 107. For a 27 you have to create first a TSX27-47 station because a TSX 27 needs PL7-2. Then you open the station and PL72. Inside PL72 you choose "7 - Transfer" and then PLC to PC. It's more difficult to explain it rather than do it ! The problem is your driver seems to be altered, maybe the com port is dead, it happens sometimes with this old FTX. The fact is you should get a succefull driver loaded message at startup before to be able to communicate with the plc. Post a copy of your config.sys, i'll tell you if the driver is correctly configured. JC
1 person likes this

Thank you, acpi. But I don't understand why Transfer option is just not available. TSX 2720 v5.0 have this option active, but TSX 2720 v3.0 have this option disabled. The only config.sys I've found via Search. But I was searching on drive C, today I'll try other drives. C:\CONFIG.SYS DOS=HIGH, UMB DEVICE=C:\DOS\SETVER.EXE DEVICEHIGH C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS DEVICEHIGH C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS BUFFERS=30 FILES=40 STACKS=9,256 COUNTRY=49,437,C:\DOS\COUNTRY.SYS SHELL=C:\DOS\COMMAND.COM C:\DOS\ /E:512 /p LASDRIVE=Z DEVICE=C:\ASAW\DRIVERS\DUNTLW.EXE PROFILE=C:\ASAW\DRIVERS\DUNTLW.001 Edited by MereNonsense

Morning, This config.sys you show is a DOS one and this is not the one used by OS/2, you probably have both systems installed. Anyway the screen captures you gave before show us clearly that your Unitelway driver is correctly configured on the COM2 port. The error message concerns the prom programmer configured on the COM1 but you don't need this device . About the transfer, I have worked more than 20 years on Telemecanique serie 7 and I never been annoyed by the processor version. With PL72 based plcs you just have to upload the program directly with PL7-2. This is not the same story with PL73 based plcs that use a dedicated transfer tool, but you can forget it with a TSX 27. I guess you have created a TSX27 station and opened PL7-2. So first you need to go online by pressing the F1 key as show below By murphy87 at 2010-09-26 Then when you're online ("R Line" message on the bottom of the window) you choose 7- Transfert and then 0 - Terminal - TSX, then it's 0 or 1 (I don't remember) to choose the way you want to proceed, 0 should be Upload from plc and 1 download to plc. You can't do a mistake because if you choose dowload to plc the software will ask you if you want to stop the plc to proceed. Once the transfer is finished you must store the programm by pressing F5. It's very important to store it because it's not done automatically with PL72 and if you leave PL72 you loose the program. I hope it's clear enough. If necessary i'll do more screen captures. JC Edited by acpi
1 person likes this

Thank you again, my friend :) I saw that window and that option needed is not available. I can't choose it. Here I've got config.sys from drive D, but I was making a photo from the screen and lost several rows -_- The only strange thing I've found is in the row #40 where DPATH contains element: C:\WINDOWSc:\OS2; - yes, without a ';' separator. Does it matter? D_config.sys.txt

Hi, Forget the config.sys for the moment i don't think the problem comes from it cause the com driver is OK. I don't understand why you can't access the transfer menu in PL7-2. This is not an option at all !!! you should be able to enter this menu at any moment, connected or not. The only difference is you can upload or download only if you're online. So first of all try to go online with the plc. If you can't go online do a screen capture of what you get when trying and then we'll see. JC Edited by acpi
1 person likes this

Almost a month ago my colleague made a business trips to that plant for a several times and tried to upload the program, but failed. And I wasn't there, but just tried to find solution in the Internet. We couldn't wait so long and decided to write the program using operator manuals and control/electrical schemes. So we can't retry to make an upload whenever we want. Maybe later, among the things. Yesterday I launched PL7-2 offline and tried to do something. I understand, that without real PLC I can't go online, but I would at least see some window, some information about connection. But F1 opens Help; and F2 opens that window you posted (or I can doubleclick the PLC icon in the project for the same). And then in that window: F1 - switch cursor to the left field "Mem. de travail (WORK MEM)"; F2 - switch to the right field "Mode operatoire (OPER)"

Hi, Yes that's it, the window I showed is the PL7-2 software and it's the one and only tool you need to upload from a TSX 27. By pressing F1 under PL72 you select the memory you want to work with, once the cursor is in this area you can switch with the arrow keys and enter key from local memory to TSX memory. TSX memory means you want to go online. So if you choose this one you will see a message saying the software is trying to connect the plc. Il you're not connected a time out message will appears. When you're online, by pressing F2 you move the cursor to the right area and once again by moving the cursor with the up or bottom arrows keys you must place the cursor on "7 - Transfert" and then press enter. Another window will appear : Now you can upload or dowload the program to the plc by choosing "0 - Transfer terminal <-> TSX" , 0 simply means pressing the zero key. You can go in this window without being online but if you try to select 0 a message will warn you it's not possible. If you have a mouse connected to the FTX you don't need to use the Functions, arrows and enter keys, you can select directly the commands because XTEL V6 knows how to manage a mouse. JC
1 person likes this

All right, thank you very much. Well, I get to that last window yesterday. And my colleague said that he got to that window too. And after choosing "0 - Transfer terminal <-> TSX" option he got a message with something about version incompatibility of v3.3 and v5.0. We can't get that message being offline, so I guess that he was online then. No more information for now.

Morning, Well, i've never heard anything about compatibility troubles with TSX 27 and never had troubles myself but the fact is that plc is really old, it came in 1983 or something like that and it is quite different from the TSX 47 and others 67 or 87. So maybe there's really an incompatbility with the very last version of PL7-2 software. Maybe we'll never know JC

Hello everybody. Have you subscribed to our news? :) Cause we've got some. My colleague found some old pictures of the first connection attempts. It says that connected PLC is TSX 17, but "27" sign is written on the PLC. It says that control system version is less than v5. Edited by MereNonsense

Hi, Your story is really odd for me. This is a TSX 17 : This is a TSX 27 : To connect a TSX 17 you need a RS232 to RS485 converter, for a 27 you need a RS232 to current loop converter. So what type of plc did you try to connect a 17 or a 27 ??? JC
1 person likes this

We tried to connect to TSX 27. But as for converter, we haven't got (haven't use) one Maybe because there're a settings in BIOS concerned function mode of COM port and you can choose would it work as RS232 or Current Loop (smth like that) So we are fools now? :)

Morning, I forgot you had a FTX507, so RS485 and current loop converters are integrated on the COM2 port. Anyway I still have no answer about this problem and I really don't understand why a TSX27 could be recognized as a TSX17. Maybe the problem comes from the control tool wich is not able to control a 27 ? I rarely use this tool cause you can do the same stop/run/init commands under PL7-2 or PL7-3. JC Edited by acpi

Well I checked my manual and it seems the control tool can handle a TSX 27. So we're still in the dark as we say here... What they say about it in the manual : The XTEL-CONTROL tool is a station level operating program which runs online and monitors the operating modes of a TSX or PMX PLC. • Display of the state of the PLC (RUN, CPU, MEM, etc.), • Control of the PLC (RUN, STOP, INIT), • Display and update the PLC processor realtime clock. During execution, the program checks the presence of required driver (programming port, UNI-TELWAY or FIPWAY). XTEL-CONTROL can be used with any Telemecanique Series 7 PLC, from TSX 17-10 to TSX/PMX 107-455. You can find this manual here : ftp://57.67.146.236/HelpDesk/Automation/Algemene_Technische_Documentatie/Automation_Technical_Documentation/CD1/INTREN/PDFS/363.pdf JC Edited by acpi

Hello, mister JC. As for 363.pdf, we've found it before. Thanks. Our customer asked some program files and they got a *.bin file. Is it useful? Can we edit it or see the code?

Hi, Yes you can the binary file is the program. You just have to do an import in PL7-2. Select it then hit F5 or do a right clik. The import window will appears. Then select your binary file and the "appli" folder as destination and that's it. Then in PL7-2 you will be able to retrieve the program. JC Import PL72 - 1.bmp Import PL72 - 2.bmp

I was going to be happy, but failed :) F5 option is inactive I also tried to do this on Virtual OS/2 and Import was ok, but I can't open the program because of lack of license. I'll try to copy a project from Virtual OS to FTX.. Could you please import our bin file to some new project and send me entire project?

Hi, No problemo, I sent you a pm with my email. JC

Thank you very much, JC!