Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Berna

Migrating Encoder from RSL500 to RSL5000

2 posts in this topic

Hi people, I'm currently trying to migrate some encoder logic to RSLogix5000 I have 4 Autonics E40H8153N24 encoders in a core wire injection machine. The machine already has a micrologix 1400 and the program is in RSLogix500 I want to change this micrologix to a ControLogix remote IO Chassis, (due to the standard they use in the company I work for). I'm currently migrating the logic, but the part of configuring the encoders is a little different between both controllers. In the RSLogix500 program I have this rungs. The instruction in the first Rung I think is the counter configuration. this is the part where I'm stuck since the Instruction Help (F1) for this instruction is not clear at all about how this works. I don't fully understand how the preset and output signals work with the encoder (This is the first time I use encoders). From the second Rung I can understand that if counter is at 1600 it will be 1 meter of cored wire injected. In the RSLogix5000 I set this on the 1756-HSC config and I want to know if is the equivalent of the one in the Micrologix1400 Thanks in advance.

HSL is the function that loads the presets into the HSC. Look at the help file for the HSC. That might help. I don't think Logix 5000 requires the loader...
1 person likes this