Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiner

Panelview Plus

11 posts in this topic

I have looked and I know I saw the thread before about replacing the AB screen saver logo with one of your choice. I cannot find it and do not remember it being very clear. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to insert an image and use it as the logo.

It involves replacing the ssfloat.bmp bitmap with your own bitmap file. On the RA Knowledgebase it's Article ID #28335 (TechConnect Required). I have other notes on it if you don't have TechConnect... send me a PM. The procedure is slightly different for the PV+ 400/600 than for the 700-1500.

I have TC, have not used knowledgebase much, just got the contract couple weeks ago. One thing I have not seen from the article you listed was how big you should make the bitmap. Is it a trial by error thing or does anyone have dimensions?

In the article Ken mentionned, look at the table at the end. Resolution means bitmap dimension.

I think the existing bitmap is roughly 200x200 pixels; I think that table in the Knowledgebase is the full size of the screens on the PV+ terminals. There's a trick to making the bitmap background transparent (if it's not already black) but I'd have to look up exactly which pixel in a BMP you set for "transparency".

Ken your right the table is full size of the screen and also is the maximum bitmap size allowed. RA suggest to have smaller bitmap. This is what the text above the table say. About the transparency: is the lower left pixel. When the bitmapappears on the screen, any part of it that matches the lower left pixel will betransparent (i.e. if the lower pixel is black, anything black on the rest ofthe bitmap will not be visible on the screen). More detail are included in the article, just below the table.

We are in agreement, then ! Thanks for the note about the lower left pixel. That was stuck in my mind but I was pressed for time and wasn't certain.

if you guys are still listening.....i thought you could only replace the bitmap on the PV+ CE terminals.....is it possible on the standard terminals also? thanks, bob

Any PanelView Plus can have the ssfloat.bmp bitmap replaced, from the 400 to the 1500. There's no similar feature on the PanelView Standard, and I'm not sure how it might work on the PanelView Component. The trick is that you need something to copy the file into the filesystem of the terminal. On the CE desktop boxes that's easy because you have filesystem access. On the other terminals you have to carefully create a batch file on a CF or SD card.

I was unaware that it could be done on a standard PV+ (non CE) I'll take a look in the knowledge base and see what I can find. If you have a number on any technote reference that would be greatly appreciated. Many times finding the information is the difficult part. Thanks, bob

Follow these steps for PanelView component: 1- Name your image Screen Saver.bmp (around 20k) 2- Open command windows (Windows key + R) 3- Type the Ip \\169.254.254.2 (This is UBS Ip adress) 4- Double click Screen saver folder and paste your image * You cannot do these step with Ethernet connection, you must use USB