Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yair

NT LINK PROTOCOL

12 posts in this topic

I'm looking for the NT LINK protocol comands. Does any body have any Pdf file I would like to write the protocol and us it to connect micro controler to NS8 I don't want to us the getway Adapter converter to host link moltidrop Thanks for help

This is all I have regarding NT Link. It is a non-published protocol: Baud rate= 19.2 Kbps for NT link 1:N. (CS1/CJ1 uses 38.4k or 115kbps.) Stop bit = 1 Data = 8 bit Binary Parity = Odd parity Half duplex comm. used. RS/CS is NOT used. 1 sec is set as Watch dog timer for communication. (Server watches 500ms after receive start until completion, Client watches 500ms after send completion until receive start.) RTS OFF time is within 200 micro sec after the last bit transferred. Frame configuration: < Header (1b) > <Length (1b) > < Data (max. 254b) > < Sum (2b) > Header (1b) = Command and Response code Length (1b) = From Header to Sum (max.=258 bytes.) I suggest you start snooping. Let us know if you figure anything out.

Thanks for the information Jay So .. It will be beter to us the GWY-S7 That Supported protocol: Host Link (including Multi-Drop)

This product is released in the European market. Do you have the manual?

Yair, this looks like a cool :-p little product, can you use it to connect two different PLC;s together say an Omron talking hostlink and an Ab talking DF1 ? Or Omron Hostlink to Modbus RTU ? Can you also please give me an indication of price ? Thanks.. Tangent.... Sorry, that i haven;t been as proactive in the forums as of late, but i am in the throws of taking the big step of starting my own company.... yehah!!!

Good luck Sleepy I am sure you will do well

Good to see you have woken up Sleepy.

This is a new product. And I don't have the manual but I have a beta version of the program +help It is looks like very cool simple and usfull product gw.zip

These GWY units are made by Gateway and sold thru Renu Electronics. You can download the software and manuals at Renu Downloads. I've tried the GWY-00 units between CJ1 Hostlink and Modbus RTU...it worked great. I also tried CS1 Hostlink to AB DF1...didn't work so well. I've heard good things about the GWY-S7 for the NS, of course I heard it from an Omron sales rep...

MEMORY LINK NT-Link is a non-open protocol developed specifically on OMRON hardware. The MemoryLink can be used without using the gwy-s7 It would be easier to design the communication for memory link and maybe even give faster communication then NT-Link. the memory link can be us from system v5.0 in ns MANUALCat. No. V085-E1-01 section 3 V085_E1_01_NS_Hostlink.pdf

I already have tested the GWY-S7 + NS12 with Yaskawa Inverters V7 and Position Controllers MP920 / MP930. (NT Link 1:N 115k to Memobus Yaskawa 19.2k). After discover the correct pin out cable, communication worked fine. Carlos Maciel Application Enginering Omron Brasil - OEB carlos.maciel@omron.com.br

that looks like a nice solution for some of my problems if works OK then good bye for SIMATIC PROTOOL , I never liked the Siemens HMI panels