Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shiner

Power up Restart

3 posts in this topic

I have an app that has a UPS attached, the customer is requesting that if the ups fails after its 30min runtime, that whenever power is restored the system should revert to its running state. Safety is not a concern for this, the restart function would be only occur if all concerns were met. What I am trying to figure is how to implement this in a standard latching start rung that gets inputs from a remote system via EIP and from an HMI to start and stop the system manually. I know you can write to a register that will save the last running status and retrieve that on startup, but have not seen the app put to use yet. Thanks in advance

If I may offer an opinion most UPS worth their salt have a warn before power loss set of contacts. This set of contacts needs to trigger an organized stop of your system and latch a flag called something like Auto_Restart_From_Power_Loss. Your first scan and Start/Stop logic which exists can then take this into account. IMHO you'll be a lot better off restarting from known positions than wherever stuiff coasted to once power was lost.