Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adam675

SCADA reporting software

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I am currently working at a company where we are automation jobs. We are using Schneider Electric's PLCs combined with some field instruments for various parameters to be monitored/measured. We are also currently using Schneider's software called Vijeo Citect v7.2. Vijeo Citect is good, but its lacks in generating good reports/trends/graphs. I am not talking about complex reports, but simple yet informative ones. Vijeo Citect according to me is not helping at all in this regard. So I spoke to the concerned person at Schneider and they recommend me to go with their own Vijeo Historian software with a MS SQL back-end for this purpose. Our company accessed this proposal but found it rather expensive. We would probably go for Vijeo Historian once our knowledge with software is adequate and if it Vijeo Historian is appropriate for any project that we execute. My understanding is that, it's possible to write a small app using Visual Basic that uses the data from Vijeo Citect combined with MS SQL back-end to generate reports. Our company at present isn't very good at software at the moment. So for the current project that we are executing, we would like to buy a software that isn't too expensive(open source application is preferred) that can generate these additional reports. And over the coming months, build a small application that can generate reports, trends,etc. I am very new to automation, so it is possible that some of my assumptions above might be wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I would like some advice on this issue.Any sort of help is much appreciated.

Hi, You seem to be doing the same things we do here in our company and we have in the past found ourselves in the same predicament! You're right that Vijeo-Historian is overkill in your context. You can easily create any kind of simple/complex report by 2 very common, simple and lowest cost methods. The following is what we do in our work. 1. From citect, keep logging the variables you need, into a database table in MS-ACCESS by using the easily learnt SQL functions in Citect. 2. Create forms/ reports etc in MS Access to access this database and filter out what you need in your report. OR 3. Use excel macros to access this database information and create a report in EXCEL as and when needed. It will be a cinch if you could buy one of those "teach yourself in 21 days" books. This will help you master SQL(it is just another name for plain English), MS-Access /Excel which you will be knowing enough already! For really "advanced" work, all you need to know is a smattering of Visual Basic programming. So. get started, look up the help for Vijeo-Citect SQL functions and push records into an ACCESS table. For starters, there is in Citect a database manager object on the tool-bar in graphics builder. It comes complete with filter & print buttons. You can creatively modify the SQL statements and select fields etc.. You can easily also insert a couple of date/time picker Active-X objects.... Have fun exploring. There is no worthwhile Scada work which does not link up to a database table... so database skills you will require in any case in the future so get started. All the best. Raj S. Iyer

Hello, There is a reporting product that comes with a driver to connect to Citect and SQL server. You don't need to know any VB or SQL programming at all. Please see how XLReporter works with Citect at http://www.thereportcompany.com/download/Tech_Citect.pdf. Evaluation version of XLReporter is available from www.TheReportCompany.com/product_download.htm.

Hello, I tried RBSReport from Robosoft. http://www.robosoft.com.tr/product.htm . It is cheap and easy program. Edited by Timoti

Pleas have a look at above link. It takes few minutes to configure report. Only requirements is that historical and instantaneous data should be available as OPC interface. Regards

I had created database in access file and then in vijeo citech i put some cicode to convert that Access file data into Excel File with starting and ending date facilities..

if you need that kind of solution please mail me at harshid1993@gmail.com i will direct you how to implement that in citech scada.. it's easy method and currently we are using nly that mathod to generate daily report.