Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emach

Blue Hose Question

8 posts in this topic

A quick question for you'all. On your standard Belden Blue hose 9463, which conductor is the positive one? Blue or transparent? Many thanks in advance, building a new machine and don't want to bother the plant EE. -Emach

I don't know which is positive or negative never put a meter on it. But the color coding per the manual is just the opposite for Remote I/O and DH+. see pictures below. But it really does not matter wire is wire. It just helps to keep DH+ and Remote I/O separate. Picture on left is Remote I/O picture on right is DH+ Edited by Mickey

A bit of clarification, I am using it as a shielded 4-20mA wire in my machine to bring the signal from an isolator to an AB analog input card.

I normally use clear/white for positive and blue for negative.

That's an expensive cable for 4 to 20ma. Must have lots of it around.

Sure is. I do not get too 'precious' about 4-20ma cables and normally use a cheap, screened cable 7/0.20 size. Use the same stuff for my Modbus RTU and CompoNet comms as well unless it is a long run when I use 0.75 sq. mm stuff.

I always use black/red or clear/black and black is ALWAYS negative. Just like your car.

You hit that spot on. One of our facilities had several manufacturing lines that were removed in the last few years. I have huge storage bins full of blue hose.