Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asteroide

How to configure 1734-232ASC?

8 posts in this topic

Hi friends I have configured 1734-232ASC module,throught 1734-AENT adapter, but when I receive data, this data is repeating like in the image. I hope to receive only $10, but this module is repeating data. I have check and try different configuration but data is not updated, and when I achieve toupdate, data is repeating The message is COS (change of state) should be this Poll? How I can change to poll? Thanks in advance.

Have you set up the configuration in the data table, if you look for: aent:1:C in the tags, where "aent" is replaced by the name of your ethernet module you will find all the settings for the string you are trying to capture i.e SerialCharacterFormat SerialCommSpeed etc etc The following manual is also essential 1734-UM009B-EN-P which is available from the AB literature library. I had a problem with repeating characters which was due due to the serial character format, I had set 8N1 and it needed to be 7N2

Hi ratcliffe_ic Already I have read this manual, also I have checked the config data and looks ok, you can see in the image. The device which I am trying to communicate needs 9600, 1 start bit, 8 data bits, 1 patity bit (even parity). 1 stop bit , then I should set 8E1 in the module. When i send the command read STX to this device ($02), I can see in 1734 module flash leds TX and RX (1 time), but neither data is updated, neither receive record number. Changing configuration I have achieved to receive data, but data is repeated andwhenI try to read again nothing happens. I have checked with hyperteminal that the character that I am sending is correct Another idea? Thanks for your attention

The scale we were communicating with, the documentation stated 8N1, however there was no way this would work, we were getting extra characters, the wrong length etc. We had to change to 7N2 and it worked fine. Have you tried 7E2 with your set-up? Edited by ratcliffe_ic

I think you have two problems: the Termination Mode and the Input data size. The 232ASC module will send its Input data buffer to the ControlLogix under two circumstances: When the Receive Buffer sees the Termination Character or when the Receive Buffer overflows. In your case, you have configured the module to Ignore Delimiter, so it will wait until the Receive Buffer is full. In your case it has to receive the $10 character twenty-three times (from what I can see), and then it sends the Receive Buffer with all 23 of those characters. You could try to change the Receive Buffer to a size of 1, or you could set the Termination Character to $10 and configure it to Include the Termination Character.

Hello I have tried 7E2 but this does not work. I have changed Receive Buffer to 1, but receiverecordnumber never change,also I have tried changing terminator character and start mode, and another parameters but module never changes data, although I can see leds TX and RX changing. Also I have checked with hyperterminal that the data that I send is correct. Receive buffer can not be 1 because I need to receive more characters. The device which I am trying to communicate is a Euchner Key Switch. To communicate with this device I need to send a STX, $02 and this device responds with $10 or $15, after this device responds with DLE $10 I send another command to receive somedata, but right now I can no achieve to receive data. Another idea? Thanks for your time.

Have you examined the string replys in hyperterminal, are they in the expected format, what is the Euchner lock part number. You may have to manipulate your input string length to match the length you are expecting. e.g. set input string length to 1 and send 1st message set input string length to x and send another message etc

The 232ASC module works best with strings that are either of the same length or that have a consistent termination character at the end. Some binary serial protocols are impossible to implement with this module. You cannot change the Input size during connection runtime, nor can you force the module to send an incomplete string from the input buffer. Please post some actual protocol examples, and Forum members may be able to help you develop a workable application. Edited by Ken Roach