Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bouws

Kinetix 6000 E64 E07 faults

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone else experienced randomn unexplained E64 and E07 faults on Kinetix 6000 systems? I am currently working with Rockwell tech support on this but they don't have an explanation. They've reviewed my installation and confirmed that I've gone above and beyond all the recommendations for reducing noise on the feedback cables. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I've been fighting E64 issues in a 3 axis Kinetix 6000 system also. It's only on one axis in the system. We paid an AB expert $6000 and still unresolved. at this point I'm thinking it's mechanical in nature. Think some system resonance or excessive slopiness is causing what looks like to the encoder to be "noise". Just an FYI and for others. Jim Fillmore

Just got back from this ongoing problem. Looks like excessive mechanical slop/backlash give E19 Position Error and E64 Feedback Noise faults. We are driving a heavy load on a beltdrive actuator (yuck), through undersized cheap jaw type couplings without keys (ugh), through a 25:1 gearbox (added backlash), through another cheap jaw type coupling [rolling eyes] finally connected to the MPLB330P AB motor. I was seeing about 10 degrees of slop at the beltdrive pulley end. So the MOTOR was seeing about 250 degrees of slop. Apparently (tounge in cheek) thats too much. Bet we have $50k plus invested in this problem! And now were investing about another, geez, $10k in hardware and probably $10k in a 2 person, multi-day service trip again. Oh, and the big band aid I put on the machine to make to stabilize it till we swap in another slide, I upped the "jerk" setting to 90%. This REALLY softened up the move but added a couple seconds. BOTTOMLINE, when the servo gives a NOISE FAULT it can be related to mechanical! I HATE having to go outta town to prove the mechaincal is not up to snuff though. Jim Fillmore Edited by James Fillmore

Hello fellow programmers, Our system: Kinetix 6000, 3 axes with MPL-B320P motors On the motor shaft sits a small gear that feeds a bigger gear with a gear belt. On the other end of that shaft is it a other gear that is connected to a gear box by a gear belt. I am struggling with the E64 problem in our Kinetix 6000 system as well; I have worked with this type of system from late 2004. Our problem started approximate one year ago, the systems we are creating are very much the same all the time. I have used the same motor parameters from day one and never needed to make any tuning what so ever. We have had this problem at start in every system the last year but it has vanished after a few days of running, we think the systems get better after some time in particular when it's warm. The system I am working with right now is hopeless; I have changed 4 motors and new cables. Two motors was looking good at start but after app 30 minutes run did they shake like crazy (never happen before) but they did not fault, the other two are steady but they give me E64. In the past have we have this two gear belts really tight and really loose with no visible effect on the motion system. But for some reason is this looking as am major issue now days, I still don't have 100% proof on it except that I just setup one system, it was giving me E64 all the time and after losing up one of the gear belts did the problem disappear. I am curious if you have found a solution to this, or if you still got the problem. Btw E19 use to be related to position error and can be solved by tighten up the motor parameters or changing the position fault tolerance. Regards /Janne

This may sound strange but it fixed our problem, we discovered that when using a timing belt is the motor shaft not properly grounded. Just to test it we mounted a grounded contact strip to the motor shaft and the problem disappeared. /Janne Edited by Janne
1 person likes this

Nice tip there Janne.. What is the Rockwell Part No.? Where are your motors manufactured up in Europe? What sort of move profile are you doing indexing or is it only a speed profile? Edited by Donovanr

Cat Number is MPL-B320P-MK22AA and P/N PN-11320 made in Poland I gear 3 axis together, this is the master moving with a MAM function using a Trapezoidal profile. I use the MRP function to redefine the position just before I lock the axis together and run. We are still testing this but we found that the timing belts wired cord are sticking out a little bit, and when it hitts the aluminium gear makes it a small power spark. It is that spark that makes the noise on the encoder, we cut the cord so it's inside the rubber and it fixed the problem. We have ordered a new type of belts without any cord inside and will test it later on. The thing we don't know is if the process is building up a super sharge that can be a bigger problem, but so far are everything looking good. Edited by Janne

Hi all, just noticed the posts on this thread. I stopped following it after a while. Thanks for the input. Here's an update on my situation. We switched to the newer style motors with the SpeedTec connectors awhile back and haven't had any E64 issues with those. There might be some difference in the manufacturing that makes it less susceptible to noise. We do still have a few machines out there with the older motors that experience the issue so the motor shaft ground strap sounds like a good idea.