Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bering C Sparky

1200 CONNECTION PROBLEMS

4 posts in this topic

Good moning all, I have a ML 1200 1762-L40BWAR Ser C Rev H that I am trying to connect to with out much luck. I am using RSLINX with a USB ot Serial converter and a 1761-CBL-PM02,SER C CABLE. Using a DF1 driver in linx when i try to configure this it goes right to test BCC and then to Test CRC and then just says " Unable to verify settings due to packet timeout! Check all cables and configuration and try again. I have attemted this many times. This logic controler was removed from and old network (DH485) that was dismantelled on one of our other ships. I have also tried to connect to this using using the 1747-UIC thinking that this may work since it was on the DH485 network before. But still no luck. When the logic controler is powered up: the power led is illuminated, the fault led blinks, and the comm 0 led blinks at a slower interval. I will keep poking around and reading on this but if anyone has any sugestions I would be all ears. Also I would like to thank all of you on this site for taking your valuable time to help those of us less experienced, you have helped me out a number of time in the past and I have gained a lot of useful knowlage from this site. BCS

If the "COMM 0" LED is blinking slowly with nothing attached to the port, then it's configured for DH485 protocol. I'm not sure why the 1747-UIC didn't work to communicate with it; there are a handful of possibilities including 9600 baud operation, node number conflict, or cable problems. What I would do is press the recessed "DCOMM" button until the DCOMM LED comes on. This indicates that the COMM 0 configuration has been temporarily set to default communications settings: 19200 baud, 8/N/1 framing, CRC error checking, Node 01. This should allow you to manually configure your general-purpose USB/RS232 converter (even if Autoconfigure doesn't work). Pressing the DCOMM button again turns off the DCOMM LED and returns the port to its programmed configuration. Where did you ride out last week's storm ? It looked pretty impressive from the surf out in Nome.

Hello Ken, Thanks for the info, you are a wealth of knowlage. I did what you said with the DCOMM button and did manage to link up to the 1200 and download my program. Then when I press the DCOMM button again I am assuming the comms are reverting back to DH485? As I loose connection in RSLINX. And the COMM 0 light goes back to blinking slowly. Is there a way to configure the comms to stay so that they can be accessed by the DF1 driver all the time? Or is this controler default DH485? As far as the storm goes we were lucky, Pollack season ended on the 1st of November and we headed south. we were almost back in seattle by the time that thing hit. We are now fishing Hake off the Oregon / California coast. We wont be back up in the Bering until mid January. Thanks BCS

ok, played around with the comms and got it working. Driver says DF1-DH485 but now I do not need to use the 1747-UIC only USB to Serial with PC to Micrologix Cable, and Comm 0 light is not on or flashing. As always "Thanks For The Help" Best Regards, BCS