Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Scott

Motor Ramp Up - Ramp Down

4 posts in this topic

I'm using a FX1n and trying to write a routeen that will pulse out to a servo drive. I'm using the RAMP and PLSY functions to start at 0 pulses and ramp up to 1000 pulses within 20 seconds, output is a transistor type on Y1. The ramp up part works great, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to ramp it from 1000 back down to 0 in the same 20 seconds. I've tried using 2 RAMP statements, but they can not share a D register. I've tried using 1 RAMP statement and swapping the S1 and S2 on the fly, but it resets D and stops the motor dead. PLSR wont work for my app because of a 10 step/5000 ms limit on that function, I need at least a 20 sec ramp. Anyone have any ideas?

Never mind, my sales rep figured it out. Turned out to be pretty easy... RAMP k0 k1000 d10 MOV d10 d14 RAMP k1000 k0 d12 MOV d12 d14 PLSY d14 k0 y1 Of coarse you need to disable the first ramp before you enable the second, using the m8029 ramp done flag did the trick.

Although you solved it yourself (and I consider using a technical rep as solving it yourself) It is a handy routine to know. Cheers. I have made a note of it.

I realise this is a very very old thread - but it looks like it's halfway to what I need, but I'm not experienced enough to fill in the blanks... anyone?