Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
romeo291

Unity Pro XL version 6.0: Bypassing going offline to do a full rebuild

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I have to modify my IO Scanning, but when I do this, it requires me to do a full rebuild. The problem with doing a full rebuild is that it requires me to stop the PLC, which will disrupt production. So I was wondering if there was a way to bypass this. I have a hot stand-by PLC, so I was wondering if you think this method would work. It was recommended by an integrator, but I am not sure how feasible it is. 1) Connect to the Primary PLC, on the operator screen, check "Allow Logic Mismatch" (I have an operator screen that Schneider Electric designed to allow HSBY controls from a graphic instead of having to use the faceplate on the PLC) 2) Then I disconnect from the Primary PLC and connect to the Standby PLC (just set address to the IP + 1) 3) Go offline and make my IO Scanning modifications. 4) do a full rebuild of the project and go online with the Standby PLC. 5) Once connected, I Transfer the project to the PLC. 6) In my operator screen, there is a "Force CPU Swap" button that allows me to swap PLCs. I'll click this button. 7) When it starts swapping the PLCs, it should disconnect me because the IP addresses will swap. 8) I'll reconnect back to the primary PLC, and use my operator screen to "Transfer Application to Standby" 9) Once the transfer is complete, I uncheck "Allow Logic Mismatch" and everything should still work fine. The problem I am running into while trying this method is that the "Force CPU Swap" button is grayed out when I get to the step where I need to click it. So I am thinking this method does not work, but I was wondering if you guys could chime in and let me know what you think. Thank you very much in advance. -AT

follow the user manual indications. Search for "UNY USE 107 10 V20E" in gogle to download the guide.