Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MechTechCC

GX-Developer FX 8.25 won't run install on any setup launcher on Windows 7 home premium

10 posts in this topic

I am trying to install GX-Developer FX 8.25 1000step on my Gateway desktop running Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit. When I try to open any of the setup apps they all fail to launch. All six setup.exe files show up as a 16-bit Setup Launcher application except for one which is a 32-bit Setup Launcher. Under Windows Task Manager all six show up as Setup.exe *32-bit in the processes tab. The program has been installed and runs well on Windows XP laptops and I have seen it run on other Windows 7 systems. They were not installed using virtual XP. The Windows 7 laptops had to install setup apps in a certain order, but they didn't have a problem with launching the setup apps. I ran the compatibility troubleshooter and it determined it was an incompatible application. Incompatible with 7 Home Premium and not other versions of 7? Is there anything I can do? Edited by MechTechCC

I'm not a GX Developer guy so correct me if I'm wrong, but version 8.25 is pretty old as far as I know, and I'm pretty sure your problem is that v8.25 doesn't support 64-bit OS. It will probably install fine on "all" 32-bit OS'es but not on 64-bit OS.

8.25 is ancient. Nearly 8 years. If you look at the www.meau.com website, which is Mitsubishi for the US, you will find a list of software versions and supported OS for each product. Windows 7 was not supported 8 years ago, it didn't exist. Current version in the US is 8.98. The FX only version is up to 8.91.

Unfortunately this is what is made available on this site under Mitsubishi demo software. We are using this version in our class for training because it is free. I spoke to the other two people in class that are using Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. They were able to get it to install and it is running fine. I am trying to instal in safe mode. Still having difficulty, but able to execute setup. I will look on Microsoft's forums for help. I get an error with the EnvMEL setup.exe. There is a -119 error pertaining to the MFC40.dll file. if there is a newer free version that our class can have access to, I would be glad to forward it on to my instructor. Edited by MechTechCC

You should be able to get a newer free version. Contact your local Mitsubishi distributor and ask for more information, and software.

Upgrades are not free in North America. You need to have an active software maintenance agreement. Not sure how it's done on your side of the pond... Every year we renew the agreement to keep receiving the latest versions. One year comes with a software purchase. And I have asked before, and a newer version of the free 1000-step limited free version was never made. I would recommend purchasing GX Works2 and learning on the latest software. It's not nearly as expensive as some other vendors I have worked with.

Ahhh, didn't realize that they terminated development on the GX Dev FX 1000steps (free) version. Sorry for that, and I agree with Crossbow..... GX Works2 is the way to go

Thanks for the tips. I have resolved the issue through Microsoft. FYI, if anyone has a similar problem, below is a copy of the instructions in Word 2003. The address to the Microsoft Support page is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 Support Home.doc

In Windows 10, (error MFC40.dll -119) I solved it by set User Account Control (UAC) to "Never Notify". Hope this help.