Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carples

Simotion Printing press

3 posts in this topic

Hello I have a web based printing press, we upgraded the motors from DC to servo drives as part of a reconfiguration. We have 5 motors driving at varous point, but tension control is very poor. After 12 months of repeated visits the engineering firm that installed and programmed the equipment has been unable to eliminate the problem. I believe this is mostly due to the control method used i.e. velocity mm/s rather than the current/tension control mode used by the old DC drive systems. End result is cyclical tension variations that can be felt by hand as the machine shakes, caused by each control loop fighting the others in a giant feedback mess. I would like to know the following Is it simotion scout that would be used to program the system Are programs locked can I suck it out and drop it back in without password.

It's depent of witch plateform is used.I've seen press with simotion and older one with masterdrive. If simotion plateform is used in your projet, scout is the software to use for programming and go online with your projet. You can retrieve drive program by going online and select active node in scout software (if your connection is ethernet you must enter ip adresse in active node windows). I don't think you can retreive motion program from the controller, if you found a way to do it, post a update. On scout install cd you'll found few application example. One off them is a printing press code devlopped by Siemens eng, it is open source. This example may help you to create press code. Have you put 2 motor on the same shaft as dc motor drived press are or you put one motor per unit? I think one motor per unit is the best way to make it work. If your project use masterdrive, I think the software you'll need is drive monitor. You'll be able to found a copy on Siemens web site.

Its Simotion for sure I have several motors in different locations driving diferent parts of the machine none are physicaly connected. Thank you for the reply