Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KenE

Workarounds for 64 bit Windows 7

14 posts in this topic

Hello, We are in the process of trying to convert from IEC developer 7 to the new IQ Works software suite. My company purchased the software and I started installing but so far only the GT designer3 works. I get error messages on GXWorks2 and MT Works2 software saying it isn't compatable with 64bit windows. I found some other postings on here dated back to 2010 saying that summer 2011 they will inroduce software support for the 64 bit OS. Apparrently they are behind on this or I didn't receive the correct software. Any ideas? I'm a bit frustrated because I mentioned that we planned on buying it with the specific reason of running on Windows 7. I don't think I mentioned 64 bit, but 64 bit is becoming fairly mainstream these days. Thanks, Ken

GX Works2 with 64-bit support has been released in Europe and you should talk to your provider and get updates.

Thanks. Does this apply to the motion software, "MT Works2" as well? We need support for HMI, PLC, and motion. I'll be talking to our contact today and will mention this fact.

Not sure if it applies to all packages, I only use GX Works2

OK, hopefully they will have a better idea at the distributor when I talk to them.

I know nothing about IQ Works but you could try using either MS XP Mode, which is a free download at the link here. MS XP Mode download. Or get VM Ware from here. VM Ware Player Download

GX Works v1.62Q and up supports 64 bits MT Works 1.19+ should be the version that supports 64 bits. But It has not been released. Edited by Gambit

We were hoping not to have to resort to a virtual XP machine since we use this software alot. My fallback plan is to return the software and use virtual XP until they release a new version of software which we will then purchase. I'm not sure how USB will work in the virtual environment but supposedly it does work.

Is that one of those deals where it is "released in japan" but not in europe or USA?

The software comes from Japan so they tend to be a version above. But as was already said, in the USA they have released GX Works2 and GT Works3 versions which are 64-bit compliant. XP mode virtual machine in Windows 7 sucks, has all kinds of issues with USB. It's nothing more than the old Connectix Virtual PC which Microsoft bought and scrapped years ago. VMware works great for me, I run 32-bit OS in virtual machine, host is 64-bit. As the 64-bit titles are released, I install them on the host and use the VM less. As for your frustration, if you had told them Windows 7 64-bit they would know which titles you could or could not use. It's clearly laid out on the USA website. By the end of this calendar year, just about every single title should have 64-bit support included. Japan is not fast to latch onto a new OS like some parts of the world. Most people I know in Japan still run Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Like crossbow mentioned It's al from japan but the version numbers I posted are for the english versions. The latest version of GX Works 1.64 for MT Works it's 1.17. I always check the japanese website to get the current status. http://wwwf2.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/melfansweb/melsoft/download/index_j.htm I use google chrome to translate it into english

Latest MT Works2 here is 1.18. The next release will be 64-bit compatible, but I don't have info on release date yet. GT Works3 and GX Works2 are compatible with 64-bit in their current US releases. Navigator and MT Works2 are the only ones which are not yet.

My shipped CDs had an older version of GX Works2 and I've gotten updates from our distributor. I also have work on MT Developer and Navigator 64 bit. They are scheduled for Jan 2012. See the link below: http://www.meau.com/...ftware_Versions Thanks all for your help. Ken

January 2012 was their original deadline to have the titles done. I expect we will see them in November, maybe December at the latest.