Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indra

how move licence

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I have software RS LOGIX500 in the notebook under WINDOWS XP. At the moment my hardisk have virus and need the RE FORMATED. Please inform me HOW TO REMOVE THE LICENCE KEY THAT INSIDE THIS HARDISK TO THE DISKETTE ? Please inform me the way step by step because I tried to use eMOV but error with info NT WINDOWS, in fact my notebook is WINDOWS XP. regrads, indra

The floppy disk license transfer utility is a recipe for disaster...Pitch it into the trash can... RA has a USB flash drive deployable license transfer utility. EVMove installation/deployment instructions and executable download could be found at "http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31319". However, I'd suggest the migrating of all your activations to the web based RA FactoryTalk Activation Services since you will get their full support in case anything goes wrong.

Of course, if the hard disk is infected with a virus, and you move anything from it to a USB stick, you should scan the stick before doing anything with it in another machine. McAfee Stinger is good for this; it can be downloaded from their website and burned to a bootable CD.

Look at TechNote 35690 (The difference between EVMOVE.EXE and EVMOVEW.EXE) in the RA Knowledgebase and see if it helps.

hi, I have tried to use eMOVEW but always the same error, about operating system, said WINDOWS NT, infact my noetbook not WIN NT but WINDOWS XP. I attached the error when moving the licence indra

Hi Indra, As the guys have said in earlier posts you will be better off moving them via the EvmoveW on a usb stick. I have used this when a PC motherboard crashed and the HD was still ok. Conor

We actually have an executable "EVMOVECF.EXE", provided by either AB or our distributor (it's been a lot of years and I don't remember which). It resides on the USB flash drive and is run from there. It works fine for moving licenses around. A quick Google search turns it up here: http://www.rockwellsoftware.com/support/download/detail.cfm?ID=3428 (I have NOT tested that download link)