Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLCer624

RSLogix 5000/RSNetworx Installation Question

5 posts in this topic

I recently installed an RSLogix 5000 Pro on my computer, and the RSNetworx (controlNet, EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet) comes with the software. The installation went smooth and activation for RSLogix 5000 was successful. However when I opened any (Controlnet, EtherNet/IP and DeviceNet) of the RSNetworx, I got an error message that reads "The Network Health Monitor has not been successfully activated and it is currently operating in a grace period. You will not be able to restart your software once the grace period expires". I just have no idea of what this Network Health Monitor is and how to activate it. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Edited by PLCer624

The network monitor is just a additional piece of software you have the option to buy, it is integrated into RsNetworx. It was installed when you installed RsNetworx but it seems you did not buy the activation for the network monitor. There are no problems with the install just the network monitor will run under a grace period and then not be available to use.

Thanks for the info Steve. Are you saying that after the grace period, just the Network Health Monitor will not be able to work or the RSNetworx? the Network Monitor stuff sounds like some diagnostic tool which I don't really need. Just hope it doesn't affect my use of RSNetworx.

I think that the Network Health Monitor will stop attempting to activate after a week. It will not affect the main RSNetworx application. You might still see that nuisance message (or one similar, omitting mention of the grace period) but you'll have learned to ignore it during startup by then.

As Ken stated it will not affect your RsNetwork. There is a tag in the bottom left hand corner of your working area that is labeled monitor or diagnostics, if you click there is will open the tab and will tell you that the network monitor is not installed. Other than that there is no effect on the software