Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
callelundin

why dont my analog input works?

4 posts in this topic

Hey all! Im in a bit of a confusing problem. I have an 315F- 2 PN/DP cpu with a AI8x14bits input card on (331-7hf01-0ab0). To this i whant to connect a peppler fuchs kfd2-crg2-ex1d signaltransmitter, http://www.pepperl-fuchs.us/usa/en/classid_13.htm?view=productdetails&prodid=32675 And to the transmitter i have connected a 2 wire pressureinstrument. Now the pressure instrument is working fine, sending its signal to the peppler fuschs transmitter. The transmitter needs to be connected to the AI on the PLC. If i messure between point 7 and 8 on the transmitter i have 18VDC and 6.5mA right now. But i cant get it connected to the plc... nothing happens?! I have downloaded everything with the HWconfig and enabel channals to 4DMU.. ( the transmitter have its own power supply at point 23 and 24 ) Then i starts the VAT but nothing changes. And all the LED are black. What am i doing wrong here?? i have 24VDC on 1 and 20 on the AI.

Hi, if the transmitter has it's own power supply it must be connected as 4 wire instrument else it won't work at all, and you have to check how the inputs on the module should be connected. Good luck, Best Regards, Greg.

Hi! Did you set in HW config that analogue inputs are 4-20mA type?

Is this card the type with a mechanical keying on the side where you select the input type?