Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Delbert

A series Motion Control

9 posts in this topic

Can someone please help me? My company has been dependent on a single laptop computer with software for programing an A172SHCPUN Motion controller and MR-J2S-200B. We only have one machine with this controller and it usually runs without problems. Untill today! and of course the laptop hasnt been used in a long time either so it wont boot up. Can someone please tell me what the software package is to program this controller? I tried searching the internet and mitsubishi's website but the only thing i can find is for Q series motion controllers called MT Developer will this work for my A series? Thanks for the help Delbert

MT Developer will not work with A Series. It had a different package (precursor to MT Developer) but I can't recall the name. Call your distributor or Mitsubishi tech support they can tell you what you need.

Crossbow is right MT Developer is only for Q series motion CPU's. This CPU is a combined CPU (MotionCPU and PLC) so you will need two packages: For the motion you will need SW6RNC-GSVE For the PLC program you will need GX Developer.

Hi, The Motion CPU has two separate parts in it, a regular control PLC (which you can program with GX Developer) and a separate motion controller. The motion part has it's own programming software - which is recognisably the great-grandfather of MT Works (MT Developer)... The software you need doesn't have a snappy name like MT Works - I have it as "SW3RNC-GSVE". There are several parts to it, and the one you want depends on what OS is installed in the PLC. For the commonest applications (Real and Virtual modes) the programming software is SW3RNC-GS22P - the 22P lines up with the OS... What are the problems you are needing to investigate? Hope this helps PS, the SW6 version mentioned above supports the Q Series motion CPUs whereas the SW3 is for the A Series. Edited by katmandoo tortoise

@katmandoo tortoise hello sir,, i have the same problem with @Delbert..  i have program with extension .cnf and .prj but can open the program cz i dont have the software SW3RNC-GSVE ,, i use V22 for the OS. can you share the program ?

Hello Diraemon

A Series Motion Control is very old now, you may have trouble running the software on Windows 10 - it was designed in the Windows 98 / NT era.

I assume this is an old project you are trying to maintain, you wouldn't be starting a new project using hardware this out-of-date.  Can you migrate the hardware to something newer?  Really, whoever is relying on this system is making themselves very vulnerable to any failure, since it is no longer supported by Mitsubishi, and if hardware fails, they will struggle to get their system back up running again.

The SW3RNC software is of course, copyright Mitsubishi.  Also the file would be 97MB which is too large to post here.

Regards

Hi katmandoo tortoise

i have same problem with diraemon but my plc is A171shcpun and the servo is MR-j2 70b,can you send me the software via email? 

Thanks

Hi, does anyone can send me the  SW6RNC-GSVE to configure the A172 CPU, i can't find SW to download anywhere.

Please can someone help me?

Thanks

Contact Mitsubishi technical support for the software.  Those are long obsolete, but that doesn't mean the software is free...