Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patrickc

Alarm and event setup FT View 6.10

9 posts in this topic

how can i make the alarm banner popup automatically when there is a new alarm? thank you

Could you place visibility on the banner for active alarms?

There is an advanced tab in alarm setup. You set that function up there. I'm not by a computer right now so it may be called something different. It's the last tab. Third one if I remember right

Michael is right. Goto Alarms...Alarm Setup...Advanced tab and select the display you want to open in the Display...Current alarms box. You must also go to the Messages tab and check the Display box for alarm messages you want to open the above display.

For clarification are you working in SE or ME?

I am working in Factory Talk View SE 6.10 I can't seem to find this "Advanced" tab, in my "Alarm and Event setup" the 3rd tab is called "Level" and there isn't advanced to be seen anywhere! Thank you Patrick

I think they were talking about ME when referring to the advanced tab.

In my SE applications, I generally have three displays visible at a time. A narrow strip at the top, a narrow strip at the bottom and the largest in the middle. The middle display will change but the top and bottom will always be visible where you can place your alarm banner. Another method (which I have not tested) may be to place your alarm banner on its own display then switch to that display when an alarm occurs. Let us know how that works out. Edited by IO_Rack