Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PLCer624

Import RSLogix 5000 offline tags to FactoryTalk View ME

8 posts in this topic

I tried to import offline tags created in RSLogix 5000 to FT View ME. Basically what I did was create a shortcut using the RSLinx Enterprise in my FT View ME designating the ACD file I need to use. When this was done, I could see the offline tags in the Tag Browser. However, all I can find are the tags contained in Controller Tags of the ACD program. But I need to use the program tags contained in different task routines for my HMI displays. Please can somebody figure out a way for me so that I can find the program tags in the task routines as well? Your help is much appreciated!!! Edited by PLCer624

You should see the Program names as folders in the Tag Browser, with names like "Program:MyOtherProgram". It's not always easy to get used to the way the FTView tag browser differs in its folder display from the Tag Browser inside RSLogix 5000, but the tags should be there.

Thanks very much Ken for yoru response. No I could not see any folders with the program names in the Tag Browser - all I can see are the tags contained in Controller Tags. Thanks again for your help! Edited by PLCer624

Well, they ought to be there, alphabetically under "P". I presume you did a "Refresh All Folders" to populate the tag browse for the Offline file ? What versions of FactoryTalk View Studio and RSLogix 5000 are you using ?

My FTView is 6.0 (CPR 9 SR 3) and version of RSLogix 5000 is V19.01 (CPR 9 SR 3). RA guy told me V21 is coming late this year. Yes had to manually refresh the folders every time make changes to the tags - had thought I should see them once they are imported. Thanks a lot Ken and have a nice weekend!

Hi, I am new using this software. I hope you could guide me through all the steps to do all that you describe in the quote. I can't find how to do that and I am running out of patience :(. Thank you.

I have followed everything that I can find on how to get Tags into my copy of FT ME from my rslogix5000 project, but nothing works. All I get is path not valid try something else. tThe bRuntime does not work , the offline does not work and it is impossible to import the tags via the import/export wiz as the RSlogix csv file is incompatable with the FT I have tried copyinying the configured comms. card details from the RSLogix project into communications set on FT ...nada nix I take that tis system actually works as people keep buying it, but I wonder why if it is this un-intuititve and downright flamingdifficult to get started

Which versions of FTView & Logix5000 are you utilizing?

In FTView ME Studio, are you browsing for your Logix5000 project (on your development PC) and reading all of the tags so that they are visible?  In FTView ME, one must configure the communications link (of your Development PC to the PLC).

Posting screenshots should provide quicker or more thorough responses from the forum.

Refer to page 32 in this lab example.  http://www.wernermn.com/assets/files/PDF/Solution%20Expo/Presentations/VI/VI02.IntrotoFTViewME8.0LabManual.pdf