Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skyfox

DLO-6 Analog Scaling (0-4095 to -10 to +10 EU)

4 posts in this topic

Hello All, Trying to figure out how to scale 0-4095 Analog input to a -10 To +10 Instrument range. PLC (DL-06) that I am using does not have the ibox capability (ie. Old firmware). I need atleast 1 decmal place of resolution. Looking thru the AD manual confused me even more. On Chapter 3: FO-04AD-1 4-Ch. Analog Curent input DL05/06 Option Module user Manual; 7Th ED., 5/07 Page 3-11 shows the incoming analog value scaling as; A = H - L / 65535 + L Confused as to how they got "65535" here. Shouldn't this be 4095??? Nevertheless I am at a loss on how to do this conversion/Scaling to be in -10 to +10 Engineering units. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to All. Edited by skyfox

Ok I got it sorted out. My analog input was in BCD and not in binary. Drove me crazy for a while as this a simple task on most other PLC's. Any how I would still like to now if the manual was in error regarding the "65535" value in my post above. Thanks Again.

Yes - the manual for that unit does appear to be a bit mixed up. It shows the conversion you cite but is only applicable to a 16 bit input. (The 8 channel version does have 16 bit resolution. I wonder if it was a bad cut-down of that manual?) They show the data format in binary but not in BCD. I think you figured it out though.

Thanks Bernie, It threw me for a loop. Regards-