Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Mr. Walleye

Indirect Addressing

4 posts in this topic

I have not worked with Indirect Addressing, and dont fully understand it, could someone give me an idea on what it is, and a situation where it could be useful? THANKS MR WALLEYE

Here is an example of indirect addressing,you will see that i am indirectly addressing the counter so as to shift a bit to the left. bitshift_indirect_addressing.RSP

Mr. Walleye Hi this is "Mr. PLC". I wasn't quite finished with my application yet, but there is enough information here that you can see how I used pallet tracking and indirect addressing together. If you have any questions please post them here. Download this file from the downloads section: http://www.mrplc.com/cgi-bin/code/filedisp...category=machab Indirect Addressing - Pallet Tracking "Brick Yard 500" 1.0 Open up the RSS file and look at any file that is a STATION, starting with file number 10. Letmeno.

Another example; Indirect addressing is a method used when you do not want unchangable numbers attached to counters or timers. eg Timer 1 set at 1 second will always be set at that time and can only be changed by reprogramming. If you want Timer 1 to change it time setting during the course of the program you indirectly address the timer using data held in a register. The same with counters. The time can be changed by conditions in the program or from an HMI