Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Riko

Beginner PLC

5 posts in this topic

Hello, Can someone please recommend a plc emulation software to get started learning PLC's e.g rslogix. Edit: Thanks for the reply RDay i thought i start out with the software first and take it from there. Edited by Riko

The smallest and cheapest (inexpensive) PLC I have found yet is sold by Automation Direct. It is their DL05 at just $99.00. You would also need to purchase the programming software (PC-PGM-BRICK) at $149.00 and a cable. However check out this site Tri-plc they offer an "OEM" PLC that is programmed with a combination of both ladder and basic. I have no experience with this brand but others may be able to help you. Hope this helps.

try this: software emulators and beginner exercises good luck, Ron

Check out the links on this site for PLC & Automation Training.... Links for Training Software

Check out LogixPro at TheLearningPit.com. The software is dirt cheap (about US$30) and it has the look and feel of RSLogix on a SLC 5/02. It also comes with lab exercises. I started using this software in my class this year and I can see a big difference between the learning curve with this software and with a put-to-gether simulater with a few buttons and four or five outputs. The only real draw back to this software that I have seen is that you still have to learn RSLinx before you can apply what you have learned to a real PLC.