Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sinewave

Twido - Momentum connection?

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new to this forum and have just recently gotten back into PLC programming after about a 10 year break. But here's my problem. I have a customer with a distributed i/o system with 3 Modicon 171ccc96030 several miles apart, communicating via leased lines and data sync modems. I was TOLD the program was done with Twido soft approx. 5-6 years ago. I have not been able to access the program ...I have tried to use Twido suite which I believe should be able to access earlier versions of twido soft. The closest I get is the error message " The controller connected to the PC is not supported". I guess I am wonderring several things. Is there a way for me to figure out what program is actually there? Should I be able to access the program from ANY of the 171ccc96030's or must I figure out which might be the master? Any suggestions as to what my next step might be? I appreciate the help. Thank you much

There is 100% no way the program was done in Twidosoft. That is for the Twido PLC, not the Momentum. And those are all CPUs, so they would each have a program in them. Each would be programmed individually. Momentum can be programmed in ProWorx or Concept. Not sure about Unity, as last time I touched Momentum is wasn't released yet.

Crossbow right, there is no chance you can connect to momentum PLC with TwidoSuite or any other software except of Proworx Concept or modsoft. And Momentum are not from the Unity family so this software is irrelevant. Good luck, Best Regards, Greg.

Thank you! That certainly clears up alot! I guess my only option would be to try to access with each of those? Any idea How I might determine what was used to program the Momentum?

Thanks much for the help. I found out that it is actually Proworxs. Anyone know where I would go to buy it? I did not see it available on Schneiders automation and products software web site.

It's old, possibly obsolete, but you still need to contact Schneider to see if they still sell it. There would be no other contacts. They own the package.

Thanks for the direction. I contacted Schneider and we are on our way. Much Appreciated everyone!!