Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patrickc

Data Loggin on Factory Talk View 6.10

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to do some data logging on FT view SE. I managed to start a new data log and saved in OBDC in the .mdf format. I started the data log without any errors, and stopped it, also without any errors. Now i need to be able to access this data outside of factorytalk, ie: Not in FT trends! Any help will be appreciated

I believe there is a utility for that purpose in the allen bradley knowledgebase

thank you, ill have a look later since i dont have my login details at the moment

I guess the utility mentioned by OkiePC is the one named "RSView File Viewer Utility", here the technote direct link: http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33924/kw/33924 (Access: EVERYONE) However, that utility only opens and converts the following kind of files: SE Datalog file (*.DAT, *.OBF) ME Datalog file (*.LOG) ME Alarm Log file (HISTORY.ALM) dBASE file (*.DBF) ME RecipePlus file (*.RPP) I'm not sure, but the file extension you're using is related to a MS SQL server database file... unfortunately I'm not expert on that, so I can't help more... - fuzzy logic

Thank you, Would you suggest using the "File Set" data logging instead of the OBDC? Are there any major differences or advantages to using either one? Thank you Patrick

Internal file sets store tag values in proprietary-format files. You cannot view the contents of the file sets, except in trends, or using the above mentioned utility. If you log tag values to an ODBC database, you can view the data in trends, or use thirdparty, ODBC-compliant tools to analyze and create reports from the data. So, it really depends by the results you expect to obtain, and your real needs... Internal file sets are more limited, and provided for use with native trends (file viewer utility just provide a basic tool to retrieve datas and convert to a common format like .csv); logging to ODBC database opens you many possibilities and best results, considering there are many dedicated software to manipulate those datas...just I'm unable to suggest you the best software to use with. - fuzzy logic

Thank you very much for that reply, you were very helpful Patrick