Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

Net_Eni Hanging up

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have a Net_Eni that is connected to an L31 processor. I am using the Net-Eni to get some values back out of the processor for my Scada. Sometimes the comms to this hang-up. I know that there are issues with these with the max number of read/write conections. What I am wondering is that is there a way to program in via the EniWUtility a set of ip addresses that can only "talk" to this?? Thanks, Conor

It has been too long for me to remember for sure, but I used to have trouble with ENIs hanging up although we were only communicating with two devices. I had to do with too many timeouts I believe instead of the number of connections. Even if the device that the ENI was communicating with as shut down, communications would not resume when the device on the other end of the Ethernet network came back online until power was cycled. While you would need to evaluate your situation, we had one that was such a pain we wrote code that if it failed and didn't resume in X amount of time it would reset the ENI which did the same thing as cycling power in our case. The following has sample code for resetting near the bottom. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=17268&st=0&p=83168&hl=1761&fromsearch=1entry83168

Thanks for that. I will try and see if this works

Also, what series is your NET-ENI? The newer series ("D" or newer I believe) supports more connections that the older ones, and be aware that your SCADA may take more than one connection which may or may not be something you can control at the SCADA/drivers. And, if all else fails, switch it for a Digi OneIAP. These give us much less hassle than the NET-ENI

Wow, this is an ongoing 'feature' of the ENI modules. I have had the SAME issue a few times in the last 6 years. You would think that AB would have fixed this already. Follow OkiePC suggestion if it keeps happening. Another PROVEN good alternative for the ENI I have used in the past is Spectrum Controls' Webport WP41201 This thing works great and it about the same price as the Digi OneIAP. Hope this Helps!

Is there a way you can replace it with 1769-L32E? Maybe sell the L31 on ebay and get a used L32E? That way you can dump that ENI... or use it as an Allen Bradley paper weight!

We looked in to getting an L32E, but there are some contractual hang-ups, and basically we weren't allowed to get one I never thought of using it as a paperweight, although the Net-Eni would definately make a good one!!!!!