Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
METSYSTEM

L32E Processor and FIX32 SCADA

6 posts in this topic

I have been recently upgrading an old SLC500 to a CompactLogix system. The final stages are for me to remove the old ABH driver in the FIX32 (the old SLC used this) and add the new PLC to the already running ABR driver. The FIX32 uses an ABR driver to monitor the various other control logix PLCs around the site. When I went to add a new ethernet driver in RSLinx it didnt recognize the L32E ethernet port. It gave the old yellow question mark and unrecognized device message. My question is, do I only need the 1769-L32E Ethernet Port EDS file (downloadable from ab.com) or will I need individual processor and card EDS files as well. These dont appear on ab.com (I dont know if they even exist?) My worst fear is that I have to upgrade RSlinx on the SCADA PC. (Its an old Dell without any USB ports) Once RSLinx has the right EDS files I am hoping that I should be able to just re address the database tags to the ABR driver, as I have aliased all the logic in the L32E to include the old SLC500 registers. Please advise Cheers

Can't you just add the new PLC to the existing ethernet driver? Are you browsing for the new PLC?

Thats what I am hoping to do. Really my question is whether the 1769-L32E Ethernet Port eds file is all I need to update RSLinx so I can see my new device. Or do I need Processor, card EDS files as well? Once RSLInx can see my device properly I hope it should be that simple. Thank you for your response

Just to add, I am browsing for the new PLC. RSLinx can see it, it just doesnt recognize it. Cheers

Well I found out a little more today. According to Rockwell support. RSLinx 2.2 doesn't support compact logix systems. I have managed to talk the client into upgrading their SCADA plc. Cheers

Thanks for the follow up.